Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What would you buy with 10,000 GBP

Options
  • 08-06-2008 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Going to buy something in england. I am thinking a golf gt tdi 04/05 or an A3 2lt tdi (s line) or maybe a celica 04/05. Any thoughts ??
    With the golf gt tdi some seem to have a gt badge on the boot and some dont, anyone know why ?
    Also does anyone know of any good car sites for england. I have checked autotrader and pistonheads any other good ones ?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

bmw 5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Honda S2000:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭younge

I bought a 2005 VW Golf Tdi Se and the comfort is unreal. If you shop around you'l get one at a reasonable price up the north. Half a tank of diesel to get me from the north down to Kerry and I was drivng it on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

younge wrote: »
    I bought a 2005 VW Golf Tdi Se and the comfort is unreal. If you shop around you'l get one at a reasonable price up the north. Half a tank of diesel to get me from the north down to Kerry and I was drivng it on

imagine if he bought a nice e39 5 series then :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I was actually looking At both the Golf or the Audi A3 aswell, im leaning more towards the A3 now because there are so many of the golfs around everywhere i look but having said that they are a bloody fantastic drive great handling too..im just not sure. Holding out for this VRT change, should save some money 20% vrt instead of current 30% if im not mistaken and the tax should be lower too....correct me if im wrong...both running around 143CO2/KM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

I'd go for a BMW ... either a 5 or a newer 3. Examples below.

And you can go up in years and down in miles if you can find another 2,500stg ...

http://www.cargiant.co.uk/BMW/5-series/details.asp?Id=381988

http://www.cargiant.co.uk/BMW/3-series/details.asp?Id=382375

http://www.cargiant.co.uk/BMW/3-series/details.asp?Id=381952

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

listermint wrote: »
    I was actually looking At both the Golf or the Audi A3 aswell, im leaning more towards the A3 now because there are so many of the golfs around everywhere i look but having said that they are a bloody fantastic drive great handling too..im just not sure. Holding out for this VRT change, should save some money 20% vrt instead of current 30% if im not mistaken and the tax should be lower too....correct me if im wrong...both running around 143CO2/KM

the only golfs that are a decent drive are the gti or the r32, the others are fine but thats about it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Cyrus wrote: »
    the only golfs that are a decent drive are the gti or the r32, the others are fine but thats about it

Ok maybe i was going over the top with "bloody fantastic" but the golfs and the A3 have great road handling, was'nt launching into the premium models (GTI). As i dont believe the op as looking to spend like crazy. So for what he is looking for they are a great road car so is the Focus 2005 > .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

2004/5 facelift Mercedes C220 or C200 CDI.

Everyone has a Golf TDI and the image of the E39 5 series is slipping IMO. The Merc will always be classy:

Advertisement