Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wheel Alignment.

Options
  • 08-06-2008 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Wondering why most wheel alignment centres are so crap at aligning cars. I do about 80 miles/day and if the alignment is off it can be a real pain in the ass trying to keep the car in a straight line and get the car to do most of the driving instead of me (if you know what I mean). A car that tracks straight is a joy to drive but bad tracking is a nightmare.

Another thing that bugs the hell out of me is when they set the wheel off centre.

Maybe its just that my car is sensitive to road camber but can you get the car set up to offset the camber without wearing tyres?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Wondering why most wheel alignment centres are so crap at aligning cars. I do about 80 miles/day and if the alignment is off it can be a real pain in the ass trying to keep the car in a straight line and get the car to do most of the driving instead of me (if you know what I mean). A car that tracks straight is a joy to drive but bad tracking is a nightmare.

Another thing that bugs the hell out of me is when they set the wheel off centre.

Maybe its just that my car is sensitive to road camber but can you get the car set up to offset the camber without wearing tyres?

I have never heard of setting tracking to take account of road camber, particularly in Ireland where roads lean about all over the place. Tracking can only be to the manufacturer's specifications, and if your garage/tyre centre can't do that, then go somewhere else. The question is, does your car steer straight on a motorway or good quality dual carriageway? If not, get it tracked by someone who knows what he's doing. If it doesn't steer straight on our "average" roads, welcome to the club:D The rural road I live on is of such a high standard that a part of it is only driveable with the wheel turned hard a starboard!

Advertisement