Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Region DVD player

• 08-06-2008 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Is there anywhere in Ireland I can get a multi region DVD player?
    I know there's some way to change codes or something on normal ones but I'm not very technological and really wouldn't have a clue. I would just want one set up to play without any trouble. It's just region 1 DVDs I want to play.
    Sorry if this has been asked before; any help would be appreciated! :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

Try in tesco. The box should have a picture of a globe on the side with a number indicating what region the player is i.e 2, 4, 6..... You're looking for one that says "ALL" or maybe just "0".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

its very simple to make most dvd players region free.
    you would be able to do it, anybody can

its can be as simple as just pressing a few buttons on your remote maybe while the dvd tray is open

read this page for more info and a few links to where you can find the codes

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/dvd-unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Richer Sounds have a sale at the moment. A Pioneer DV300 multiregion player is available on their site for €34.99. Try this link for more details.

They're a good brand and I think its a good price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

shop i bought one in last week . 35 euro plays anything avi divx xvid etc mp3 mp4 if you want me to pick you one up.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Try Dixons in Jervis St, my bro got one in there for about €25 - €30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I saw one in Aldi today, available in sliver or black, very stylish and slimline: €33. You could probably get a multi-region unlock code for it on the internet, as posted above.

Here it is: http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/58_6062.htm

Just Googled this player, here's how to make it multi-region (I'm not sure of the exact model number but this should work anyway):

1) Open the DVD Door. On the remote press Setup, Right, Right, Right, (that’s the arrows in the middle of remote)
    2) Enter 9653,a service page will appear,
    3) Use Up/Down Buttom to change region Codes
    4) Set to 0 (zero) for multi-region

Your DVD player is now multi-region, how easy is that! :D

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys John McDonald here from Richer Sounds here - yes its true we do have the Pioneer DV300 already modified for multi region at just £26.99 or €34.99 - lots in stock at the moment..

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Caychadh

Thanks for all your replies everyone- I'll be watching some region one dvd's in no time! :)

Advertisement