Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Club?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

How do you feel the author, as a man, wrote from a women's perspective? Was it believable to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I think miriam was more believable than laila. Miriam was already hardly an ordinary person having grown up in isolation with a very bitter and disturbed woman for a mother - her lack of change in personality following horrific marital abuse was more believable due to her already having been denied love, etc.

I thought the descriptions of miriam finding love for the first time in Aziza were a little cooked, though. Could have used a longer realisation point on that one.

Laila was tough. I see he was trying to create the strong female character, but I think she turned out a little too perfect - Mary Sue like.

Advertisement