Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Found - Newbridge

Options
  • 08-06-2008 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, picked up a stray today. Boxer bitch, looks like could be crossed with a staff. Very sweet personality, cat agressive but otherwise very well behaved. House trained, and lead trained (sort of). Scarring on her body, but I wont say where as I would like the owner to i.d her by telling me where the scarring is. Has had pups at some stage. (according to the kids on my road she has "loads of little willies" :D) If you know of anyone who might have lost her please let me know. I cannot hold onto her, she is cat agressive and a very strong dog so is a danger to my cats.

If anyone here can give me some advise on what to do with her I would really appreciate it. I have rang the guards who took a description, and will contact the dog warden tomorrow. Posters etc will be put up in the area too. Is there anything else I can do? She was very dehydrated and has been drinking but has little interest in food.

When I saw her she was trotting up to people smiling, but everyone was ignoring her. When I called her she came straight over and hopped into the car no problem. Such a sweetie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Shes cute :)

Might be worth checking if its chipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

Deffo get her to a vet ASAP to see if she's chipped, if she is, all well and good, if she's not, then start worrying about alternatives! Have you tried other pet websites / forums?
    www.ispca.ie
    www.irishanimals.ie
    www.dspca.ie
    www.petsireland.invisionzone.com
    All of the above have dog 'lost and found' sections where you can post up your own notice, or look for one from the owner. Was she wearing any sort of collar when you found her?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

No, she had no collar. Will have her looked at tomorrow for a chip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

If the scarring is on her face and neck, she's a fighting dog, so .... well, use your own judgment about finding her owner and giving her back...

Oh, wait, posted before I realised there were images - she doesn't seem to be face-scarred. Nice dog. Notices in vets, garda stations, schools, train station, main bus stops.

I wouldn't think she is a fighting dog. She's very sweet and ignores other dogs when out walking. I have no experience with fighting dogs so this might be normal for them. But it would be a concern with a dog bred like her so I wouldn't be 100% sure. Her scars could have come from skin conditions, operations etc. I don't want to go into too much details on them but they are not necessarily from fighting.

She got her strength back over the day and has started to misbehave and push her luck a bit. Brought her for another walk and I looked like one of those little scumbags with their muscle dog straining on the lead when we set out. She was ok by the time we got home, but it's now taking a few corrections to get her to do anything (or stop doing something). :D Little chancer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Bring her to Danny McHenry's practise in the morning. They'll scan her, give her the once over & advise you from there.

:mad:Well I can safely say she's not a fighting dog. Had her out walking this morning at about 5.45, and on the way back to the house some pleb had let his red setter out to go to the toilet with no lead. Red setter comes bounding over snarling, growling etc, I tried to keep walking and god love her she kept with me despite the fecker snapping her face. Stupid man came over trying to get his dog off mine (she was on a lead) and his fecking dog attacked him, he back off and the setter started again on mine!!! I flicked her lead a bit and kept walking and she came with me no problem, all the while stupid man was saying in his best english "is okay, is okay, no problem" It is a bloody problem! If the dog I had was a fighting dog or in any way nasty there would have been nothing I could do. She diffused the situation with her indifference. Little sweetie. :o

Sorry for posting again, but have more info on her. She is not chipped, she is about 3 years old and IS neutered. Delighted to say that her "scars" are nothing more than impetigo or a hormonal imbalance (SP?) which causes baldness in dogs apparently.

Absolutely convinced now that she is a pet and someone out there is fretting for her.

EDIT: sorry again, but can someone give me advice on how to introduce a dog to my cats please. It looks like she will be with me for a while if her owners dont appear.

I just got a spot for her with a boxer rescue in Portarlington. Fantastic person who takes dogs in her own home. She's going this evening. I'm happy and sad at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I was hoping there was a nice ending to this, just so I could point this part out and have a good laugh!!!!
    (according to the kids on my road she has "loads of little willies" :D)

Classic... The kids where I used to live referred to my Old English Sheepdog as "the bleedin durex dog"

• Advertisement

Hey, just letting anyone who took an interest know. I got a phone call the other day from Ladys new owner. She's with 3 other boxers, 2 are very bouncy and "typical" boxers. The other one was very shy and quiet, much like lady. So they've paired up and are best friends :). She sounds like she's got a lovely new home, loads of space, company and her new owner is obviously smitten. :D

Advertisement