Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doolin to Inis Mor

• 08-06-2008 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭

Anyone got the Doolin to Inis Mor ferry before?

i will have to go this week for work, to set something up for somebody, which should take around an hour or so.

i am thinking of getting the 1pm ferry and return at 4pm.

Would rather go via Doolin cos I know the area quite well, and coming from Limerick, why should I drive all the way to Galway (Rossaveal?) to get the ferry there? (Galway was the recommended route I should take by the person I'm meeting but I subsequently discovered this Doolin ferry)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Yeah that ferry is fine. I think it is around €30 return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

McSween wrote: »

i will have to go this week for work, to set something up for somebody, which should take around an hour or so.

Would rather go via Doolin cos I know the area quite well, and coming from Limerick, why should I drive all the way to Galway (Rossaveal?) to get the ferry there? (Galway was the recommended route I should take by the person I'm meeting but I subsequently discovered this Doolin ferry)

Don't go by Galway. From Ennis it's about 2 hours to Rosaveel andthe ferry takes longer. Go by Doolin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭McSween

cheers, i was on the phone to the person im meeting to tell her i was getting a ferry at such and such a time and then i mentioned i was going via doolin. she said "if you go by doolin you are mad" :rolleyes: and i said to her if she has any trouble with our appointment in the mean time she can call me on a different mobile and she said "oh youll be the one having the trouble"

must have either had a bad experience with doolin or else she is related to one of the other companies! i look forward to arriving there safe and sound.

many thanks for the above replies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

McSween wrote: »

You can get the ferry from doolin, it stops at the other two islands on the way though as far as i know.

eddiehobbs wrote: »
    You can get the ferry from doolin, it stops at the other two islands on the way though as far as i know.

the 1pm does, but not the 10am, so i have to get up early :eek:

• Advertisement

i got on fine.

went at 10am and arrived around 11.15. got the return at 4.30, but i think due to the tide the time is normally 4pm.

40 euros return. i definately would go via doolin again, firstly cos it is only a little only an hour from me and secondly, i avoided a potential extra 75 mins each way going to rossaveel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

How did you get on with the person you were meeting?

nudge_nudge_1_small.jpg

Advertisement