Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do you reckon the best car in the world is?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Come to think of it...

If money is really no obstacle for you, you should consider buying a Main Battle Tank. I think they are road legal. (they are in the UK anyway)

I nice M1A2 Abram or Challenger MKII would litterally tear through all that morning traffic.

I know if I had the money I would defo buy one

imagine cruising around in one of these babies

Montgomery-9705.intro.lg.gif

challenger2.png

Nothing would turn more heads!!!

Note to self... buy a tank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

JHMEG wrote: »
    It was a bit of a silly statement, but in the contexct of the GTR, Porsche has nothing quicker.
    The GT2 is quicker. Don't know if the new one has been around the ring, but in an Autocar test they compared the 911 Turbo with the GTR. The GTR came out on top, but the figures that it beat the Turbo by were fairly paltry. The GT2 is much quicker than a Turbo.
    Not taking from the GTR though, it's a fantastic machine, and probably the best value car in the world!
    Ok, I know it has all sorts of electronics, but it's a simple V6 twin turbo. Otoh the LF-A has a screaming V10 ala F1.
    V6 twin turbo is probably as simple or as complicated as a V10 N/A!
    Also, the Turbo has a 3.6 Flat 6 engine, the GTR a 3.8 V6, both twin turbo, both similar power outputs! Not worlds of difference!
    Yes it is, but in reality you can't buy one. The GTR is a $70,000 car and has been nicknamed "baby Veyron".
    080325_2.jpg
    I hear what you're saying, but the thread title is simple. What is the best car in the world. The best car in the world is the Veyron. It might not be an achievable goal, it might not be practical, it might not be good value, it might not be good looking, but none of these were in the criteria!
    If it said what's the best every-day family car, or best value car or something else, then that's different, but it doesn't! A simple question deserves a simple answer! I stand by mine!

Advertisement