Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Taking lessons

Options
  • 08-06-2008 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

I am not able to drive currently and am interested in taking lessons and have a few questions...

- Roughly how much is this going to cost? I am a fast learner.
    - Once I am confident I can drive well, what next? Applying for a provisional licence? How do I do this? Do I have to pass a driving test before I can drive around or can I just drive around once I learn how and get my provisional licence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

First off, there is no such thing as a provisional license any more, you must apply for a learners permit and sit a theory test. Once you have a learners permit you can get lessons, not before. The learner permit only allows you to drive with a Fully licensed driver(who has held a full license for at least 2 years) accompanying you at all times.
    You cannot drive around unaccompanied, doing so could incur a €1000 maximum fine and a disqualification.
    As for lessons they generally cost around 35 to 45 euro depending on the school/instructor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

There should really be some sort of sticky for questions like this, or at least a link at the top of the page for http://www.transport.ie/roads/licensing/provisional/index.asp?lang=ENG&loc=1837

or a similar site. The same questions are being asked week in, week out.

Advertisement