Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luka Modric @ Euro 2008

Options
  • 08-06-2008 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Not a great game to watch, but it did have it's moments. Modric looked to have some nice touches and looks like apromising player for us in the future.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I didn't realise how small he was though I'd not read up on him much.
    For sure similar players like Zola and Juninho (sp?) thrived but the Premiership is very physical so will he struggle?

He showed willingness to get stuck in which was good.

Was a poor game too overall, great effort from the Austrians after the abuse they took from their fans earlier this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I cant believe those muppets on RTE are writing him off already on 1 game I hope Luca proves them all wrong and shines from now on.Anyway i didnt think he played that bad he had a good 1st half.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

He'd a good first half but the entire side looked poor in the 2nd half, not helped by the absolute donkeys up front. Seems they're missing the Goon.

micmclo, he was blooded in the Bosnian league where he had the sh1t kicked out of him, he'll have no problem dealing with the physical side of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Tells you a certain amount about his mentality, to step up and put away the penalty so easily.

Thats a lot of pressure for a young player.

He does seem to have a real quality about him, no doubt he'll be a class act for Spurs.

(a littled saddened he didn't end up at Anfield :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

zAbbo wrote: »
    Tells you a certain amount about his mentality, to step up and put away the penalty so easily.

Thats a lot of pressure for a young player.

He does seem to have a real quality about him, no doubt he'll be a class act for Spurs.

(a littled saddened he didn't end up at Anfield :()

Its all about winning trophies zabbo!!..how long has it been since the pool lifted one?

• Advertisement

BERBA wrote: »
    Its all about winning trophies zabbo!!..how long has it been since the pool lifted one?

Jesus mate, if there's one club I wouldn't get in a pissing contest with over trophies it's the Mickeys...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Jesus mate, if there's one club I wouldn't get in a pissing contest with over trophies it's the Mickeys...:D

FACT: For a so called top 4 side and the money they have they haven't won a premiership in its existence...16 years

FACT: Last trophy they won was in 2006 ..the next could be in 2009..thats 3 years without a trophy , for so called top 4 side. Pool are a history channel side living in the 1980's.

the majority of my mates are all pool fans and all they keep spouttin on about is how good they are , think thats where i get the hatred of them from!!!..

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

I'll just take a moment to jump on the pool hate train....Chooo Chooo!!

Thats better. Wouldn't take too much outta that game. The standard of football may have been poor but it was a great game to watch. Had a couple squids on Croatia and I have no problem saying I was in spastics watching that game. Looked like Croatia were caught cold by what they expected to be a poor team and didn't once get a foothold in the game.

The problem for the Croatians was they scored in the first 4mins against the hosts of the tourney in the first game. Austria had no choice but to go for it. I'm sure they had already decided their only way through the group was to draw with Croatia, beat Poland and accept a drubbing from Germany. Problem was Croatia put a early hit to that plan so the Austrians had to all out go for it which is not the kind of game Crotia were expecting. Would expect to get a clearer picture of what Modric is about in the Germany game which no doubt Croatia will be more prepared for. Fingers crossed....

Modric played very well today, especially the last 10 minutes or so where he took up the support role after Kranjcar came off. Passed well, stood up to the more physical side of the German game, kept possession even in tight spots.

He'll do for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Poor Luka is out.

He played very well in the game itself, good passing & awareness, looks to be a promising signing.

As for the penalties, it is a lottery but he should be hitting the target, if the keeper saves it, so be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Thought he played very well tonight i suppose the positive for us is that he will get a bit more rest before the new season,but he must be gutted to be out like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

yes, he looks a decent prospect alright. let's hope he can adapt quickly to the Premiership. looks like Spurs have too many attack minded midfielders now.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement