Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 08 - Who are you supporting?

• 08-06-2008 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

After watching the opening games I've realised I haven't picked a team to follow.

Who are you cheering for?

Who are you supporting? 88 votes

Portugal
    0%
    Czech Republic
    6%
    Kingp35UnearthlyPigheadCutie18IrelandY2J_MUFCgrames_bond 6 votes
    Austria
    0%
    Turkey
    0%
    Germany
    0%
    Poland
    14%
    Mossy MonkPepe LeFritsDrag00n79Guy:IncognitoHippoziggyKELTICKNIGHTTjudas101GLaDOSOPENROADKeanojustfortherecorkryogen 13 votes
    Netherlands
    4%
    MaliceguinnessdrinkerNalzgrenache 4 votes
    Italy
    7%
    Zaph_blank_MarqPeadarofAodhA Dub in GlasgoAnCapaillMorstovelid 7 votes
    Switzerland
    10%
    Ruu_OldSteve_o445279.ieThE_IVIAcIVIAIVleninbenjaminBubs101Im_No_Supermancm2000Dues Bellator 9 votes
    Croatia
    0%
    France
    10%
    KoldkensutzAttractive NunDanger_Dave[Deleted User]patmacdfx-stakerMint Sauce 9 votes
    Romania
    2%
    Tom65Xavi6 2 votes
    Greece
    1%
    Otacon 1 vote
    Russia
    3%
    dsmythyPCrosdelija_sever029 3 votes
    Spain
    2%
    gary the greatibh 2 votes
    Sweden
    36%
    dardozroar_ieDont be at yourselfmike65Tuskykaimerajesus_thats_greStringShaque attacksmithy1981Brando_ieMr.Nice GuybreadmonkeyAuversDavei141irishpartyboySobygustavoFuzzy_DunlopDSB 32 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Sweden
    Spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Sweden
    Spain for me as well. I really enjoy watching the likes of Ramos, Xavi, Iniesta, Silva, Fabregas, Villa & Torres play. Also, the Liverpool connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Sweden
    Spain for me aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Switzerland
    Italy, life-long fan. Even if Ireland were in this there'd be no question of where my loyalty would lie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Poland
    No one really, maybe France, that said would rather Gallas got a longer break before next season, same for Fabregas who has had a long hard season,so hope Sain and France et knocked out early, I'll go for Germany cause of Mad Jens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Romania
    I've €5 on France to win, so I'll be going for them. Though I like to watch Germany play so I'd like to see them do well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Netherlands
    Poland. Why? Why not I say.

Nice jersey too. The white one that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

France
    croatia, €10 at 12/1, although after today, might want to start playing slightly better, although credit where credits due, austria were not given a chance before the euros, but think they actually turned up today and tested them at times

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Spain
    Russia: i love Zenit and was dying to see Progreback play on the big stage (dam injury, feel sorry for the lad missing the UEFA cup final and now the Euros). Also Arshavin even though hes suspended for the first 2 games.

But Semak etc are still good players and I liek they're style of play. After then the Spanish

Netherlands
    Russia: i love Zenit

You serious? If what I read and heard is true I hope United hammer the sh!t out of them in the Super Cup.

• Advertisement

Sweden
    Trilla wrote: »
    You serious? If what I read and heard is true I hope United hammer the sh!t out of them in the Super Cup.

What have you read and heard?

France
    Croatia.Come on the underdogs!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

France
    Croatia.Come on the underdogs!:)

just the two of us then, wouldn't go as far as underdog though, have came on well in the last few years

;)

Netherlands
    monkey9 wrote: »
    What have you read and heard?

Google it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Switzerland
    Italy, going to Zurich next week to see their game against France :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sweden
    Spain for the obvious reasons.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Sweden
    Am going for Spain but I think Germany or France will win it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Poland
    mike65 wrote: »
    Spain for the obvious reasons.

Mike
    To ensure a golden era for the mullet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

France
    on hollers in croatia last year. super fit birds,thus c'mon croatia (and rte cameras too!!):p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Russia
    Confirmed good option to support,only real winners and champions,Greece:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Portugal, France and Greece.

But only cos i wanna win me some money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Havent really decided yet, want to see Portugal do well and Ill support Sweden aswell but not too bothered, just wanna see some good games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Netherlands. I hope they whack the **** out of Italy tomorrow (though tbh 1-0 is the best you could hope for I think). Putting 20 on them tomorrow at 14-1 iirc, before the odds lower/heighten, its a decent price.

Snapping I didnt make it to the bookies in time, was gonna put on a fiver on Germany 2 Poland 0 :(

Havent forgiven Italy for how Australia went out in 2006.

Or Materazzi v Zidane.

Or how the Scots were robbed in the last minute......

Ill stop now. Italians are a nice bunch of people. Too bad their team is a bunch of ....oh yeah, personal abuse rule, nevermind :)

Performance wise Ive been impressed with the Swiss and the Poles. Swedes ould also get a slight backing.

Spain
    Trilla wrote: »

That doesnt bother me int he slightest to be honest, great team to watch. Ive been to 3 of their games in the stadium and its just mental crazy, great craic. Was in petersburg last week and they're still celebrating winning the UEFA cup, the same song over and over its great!

Therefore I want Russia to do well (I also have a lot of Russian freinds) and Spain due to the Liverpool connection and the fact im in love with Torres :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

France
    Croatia for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sweden
    I would be pleased to see Spain win it. Been a very long time since they did anything major of note and with their population, as well as their contribution to the sport, I reckon they're well overdue a win. Definitely have the talent but it's whether they have the belief and desire required.

Will be strange for me though to want to see the likes of Fabregas and Torres do well. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Czech Republic
    Portugal.....Nani, Moutinho, Veloso, Ronaldo, Simao, Quaresma, should a good young team.

Failing them, I'd like to see Holland do well. Ruud is still the man, they've got a really good team if they leave that waste of space Kuyt on the bench. Huntelaar and Van Nistelrooy up front could be the best partnership at the Euros if they both play together.

I'd like to see Spain do well also. Any of the three of them really and I'd be happy. Nice to support Fabregas and Torres for once, as they are unreal.

Sweden
    I would be pleased to see Spain win it. Been a very long time since they did anything major of note and with their population, as well as their contribution to the sport, I reckon they're well overdue a win. Definitely have the talent but it's whether they have the belief and desire required.

Will be strange for me though to want to see the likes of Fabregas and Torres do well. :pac:

That's very big of you. Unfortunately, i can't be as magnanimous and do NOT!! want Portugal to win as anything that makes Christiano Ronaldo happy is a very evil thing indeed. And i don't want to see Nani even so much as crack a smile

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Sweden
    Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Portugal.....Nani, Moutinho, Veloso, Ronaldo, Simao, Quaresma, should a good young team.

Failing them, I'd like to see Holland do well. Ruud is still the man, they've got a really good team if they leave that waste of space Kuyt on the bench. Huntelaar and Van Nistelrooy up front could be the best partnership at the Euros if they both play together.

I'd like to see Spain do well also. Any of the three of them really and I'd be happy. Nice to support Fabregas and Torres for once, as they are unreal.

I wouldn't class Kuyt as a waste of space. I'd love to see him do well but as far as teams winning it, it's Spain for me. Hopefully a brilliant partnership could be discovered between Torres and Villa in a 4-4-2 formation, convincing Villa to join the pool. drool:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sweden
    That's very big of you. Unfortunately, i can't be as magnanimous and do NOT!! want Portugal to win as anything that makes Christiano Ronaldo happy is a very evil thing indeed. And i don't want to see Nani even so much as crack a smile

Well I suppose a Portugal win would see Madrid step up their efforts to get Ronaldo and Chelsea stepping up their bid to get Scolari so I guess neither of us want to see Portugal do too well. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Czech Republic

Another anti-United post. Wonders will never cease.

COME ON NANI, COME ON RONNIE! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Switzerland
    man for man i probably prefer the Dutch to any other team, but i'm not supporting them because i've done so in the past and always been let down. so now I'm going for Italy, for no other reason than i bought an Italy jersey 10 years ago. oh, I also have a Croatia jersey so i usually have them as my dark horses, outside favourites, but was very disappointed in them today though. i just couldn't bring myself to cheer them on. wanted Austria to get an equalizer the whole time, so i guess it's just Italy at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Romania
    shane86 wrote: »

Havent forgiven Italy for how Australia went out in 2006.

Or Materazzi v Zidane.

Amen to that. Hope the Italians go out early.

I'm supporting Xavi and Quaresma and France cause I got them in sweepstake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Sweden
    Spain like I do every tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Italy
    Holland, because my hero is the manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Spain
    Russia cause i got them in the Sweepstakes and also cause I have always kinda like them from back when they were USSR and I had their jersey from Euro88 with cccp on it. Also loved their goalkeeper Renat Dasaev who was an absolute legend. An old neighbour of mine used to tell me about an even greater Russian keeper from years ago called Lev Yashin and I always had an interest in them from those early years.

I would also like to see Romania do well and I think they can. This is because some tool that plays Gah with me was saying he hopes they get thumped cause of all the "fcukin romanian scumbags" over here. What a tool.
    I fancy them to pull a surprise and get out of group c.

Also hope Spain do well and because this is the first time in years that I haven't bet on them to win, they will probably go out and win it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Poland
    I'll be taking it on a game-by-game basis. Tonight I hope the French and the Italians get stuffed.

Mutu and van Persie hat-tricks please. Mutu to sniff the byline ala Fowler.

If I had to choose one team now I'd probably go with Germany. I really like their team for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Switzerland
    Italy for me. Del Piero and Pirlo are two of my favourite players ever. Remember having such a vivid dream around 10 years ago that Utd signed Del Piero and was gutted when I woke up and it wasnt true! Also have a soft spot for Holland, so Id love Italy and Holland to qualify from the group of death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

Sweden
    Living in Madrid now, so I am going to follow Spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Romania
    Where's the option for Grance? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Switzerland
    Italy FTW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Russia
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Where's the option for Grance? :confused:

Same question,this isnt fair to my team,shame you boards.ie:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Greece
    Romania.

Housemate's Romanian so it makes sense... :( won't be watching long I don't think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Sweden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Sweden
    Grance ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Italy
    Always have a soft spot for the Oranje.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Czech Republic
    im optin for portugal, ive liked them since the last euros when i was in portugal (they were robbed) the fans are amazing, the women are amazing and they do have a very good entertaining team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Switzerland
    secretly im rootin for portugal, but considring the sister in law is italian i sort of have to pretend to cheer fo them ,awell sould make an intresting final. i stuck 20 euros on russia to reach the final before a ball was kicked at 150/1 so c,mon russia aswell lol.

Spain
    almanu wrote: »
    secretly im rootin for portugal, but considring the sister in law is italian i sort of have to pretend to cheer fo them ,awell sould make an intresting final. i stuck 20 euros on russia to reach the final before a ball was kicked at 150/1 so c,mon russia aswell lol.

I put 5er on Russia to get to the final at 30-1, where'd you get them odds!?

They wont do it anyway without progreback and missing Arshavin for the first 2 games they may not even get out of the group.

Spain are really running away with this poll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Switzerland
    I put 5er on Russia to get to the final at 30-1, where'd you get them odds!?

They wont do it anyway without progreback and missing Arshavin for the first 2 games they may not even get out of the group.

Spain are really running away with this poll!
    i got it in the track book makers before the qualifiers ie before a ball was kicked

• Advertisement
Advertisement