Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 User accounts one ip

Options
  • 08-06-2008 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to have 2 user accounts from one computer without getting banned?

My OH wants to join boards but I don't want my account to get disabled. Or if 2 accounts are registered will they stay as long as no offences occur?

Or could I set up a proxy address will this work:confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No, it's fine. It's only a problem when one user causes problems, which is when we break out the magnifying glass and check the logs, serial numbers, snapshot the webcam, GPS stats and DNA tracing softwares to find the true user.*

*Some of which may not be utilised by boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Thanks,

I'll wrap my laptop in tinfoil you'll never get me (strokes chin in evil villian way)

Damnit, I was hoping you wouldn't do that, it's a users only defence. Bah!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Gordon wrote: »
    Damnit, I was hoping you wouldn't do that, it's a users only defence. Bah!
    Clearly haven't heard about the new tinfoil-splitting rays we use to attack conspiracy theorists these days, eh Gordo? Gammy rays or some-such.

That's only when a user posts via the quickreply though isn't it?

Namesco, could you let me know your girlfriends account name anyway just for reference? Pm me if you like. Thanks a mil.

• Advertisement
Advertisement