Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs in Dublin City

Options
  • 08-06-2008 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Im just wondering what are the ages to get into these places, i went out with some friends recently and we were refused at a few places for being under 21.. [we are all 18/19] can anyone help out and save me money on taxi fare for next time lol

D2 -
    coppers -
    howl at the moon -
    redz - 18's
    21's - 18's
    boomerangs -
    fitzsimons -
    citibar -
    purty kitchen -
    club M -
    rain -
    tramco -
    rios -
    trivia -

Any recommendations on places for that age bracket too would be appreciated!

Cheers!!
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

D2 - 18's
    coppers -
    howl at the moon -
    redz - 18's ****hole, avoid
    21's - 18's ****, avoid
    boomerangs -
    fitzsimons -
    citibar - 18's, but it's a kip. Avoid.
    purty kitchen - 18's, and it's really good, wednesday/thursday are the best nights though
    club M - Is definitely 20's
    rain -
    tramco - 18's
    rios -
    trivia - Is it even open tbh, it doesn't look it.

The rest I'm pretty sure are 18's, apart from Fitzsimons which might be likely to do the 21's thing.

What about Barcode? Best club for that age group, it's not in town but it isn't far from it, it's in Fairview.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What about Barcode? Best club for that age group, it's not in town but it isn't far from it, it's in Fairview.

A girl in my school who is 14 got into Barcode.:eek:

As far as I know
    Rain is 21's
    Boomerangs is 18's

Is Trivia the place on Harcourt St?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

D2 - 18's
    coppers -
    howl at the moon -
    redz - 18's ****hole, avoid
    21's - 18's ****, avoid
    boomerangs -
    fitzsimons -
    citibar - 18's, but it's a kip. Avoid.
    purty kitchen - 18's, and it's really good, wednesday/thursday are the best nights though
    club M - Is definitely 20's
    rain -
    tramco - 18's
    rios -
    trivia - Is it even open tbh, it doesn't look it.

The rest I'm pretty sure are 18's, apart from Fitzsimons which might be likely to do the 21's thing.

Ah cheers for that! I just heard of a few of the places from friends so thought i might aswell try and find out a bit about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

anywhere will let you in if they like the look of you, in my experience anyway.

Going along with a girl compared to going along with one of your mates may make a difference.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

D2 - 18s...sometimes 19s
    coppers - 21/23
    howl at the moon -23
    redz - 18's
    21's - 18's
    boomerangs -18
    fitzsimons -18/21
    citibar -18
    purty kitchen -18
    club M -18
    rain -18
    tramco -18
    rios -23
    trivia - 18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Jay D wrote: »
    anywhere will let you in if they like the look of you, in my experience anyway.

Going along with a girl compared to going along with one of your mates may make a difference.....

LOL i am a girl haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 NialoF1

Boomerang is 18s? Last time I checked it was +21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Is Trivia the place on Harcourt St?

trivia is on westmoreland street and is currently closed. (its where the bridge niteclub used to be, in the old bewleys basement)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

NialoF1 wrote: »
    Boomerang is 18s? Last time I checked it was +21

i dunno i'm 23, but i recall it being a kiddie fest last time i was there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

Buttons_sb wrote: »
    Im just wondering what are the ages to get into these places, i went out with some friends recently and we were refused at a few places for being under 21.. [we are all 18/19] can anyone help out and save me money on taxi fare for next time lol

D2 -
    coppers -
    howl at the moon -
    redz - 18's
    21's - 18's
    boomerangs -
    fitzsimons -
    citibar -
    purty kitchen -
    club M -
    rain -
    tramco -
    rios -
    trivia -

Cheers!!

D2 - 18, can be 21s at weekends
    Coppers - 21s and starting to get more strict about that, for guys esp.
    Howl At The Moon - 21s but negotiable!;)
    21s - 18 and mainly 1st year UCD whenever I was there
    Tramco - 18s

I know its unfair but girls can generally get in if they're 19/20 and able to flutter the eyelashes. I'm 20 and ashamed to say thats what I do, guys don't get the same allowances. Good luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Looking down that list I can't help feeling a bit old at!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 NialoF1

I was in tramco last weekend, definetly going back there again there's no kids, at least not as much compared to Redz :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

D2 - 20's
    coppers - 20 early, 21 from around 1230
    howl at the moon - older again, 23+ I think
    redz - 18's
    21's - 18's
    boomerangs - 18s if youre decent looking
    fitzsimons - 19+ around, similar to above, lads go up in twos in black jacket and shoes, as opposed to large groups of jumpered scruffs.
    citibar - 18's
    purty kitchen - 18's, possibly 20's on a sat...
    club M - 20
    rain - 21
    tramco - 18s and desperate for business.
    rios - 21
    trivia - ?

Cheers!!

Other spots...

Sin - 19
    Academy - 18
    Barcode - 12... or any dam age or dresscode
    Heaven - 18, good spot, especially on theme nights.
    Dandelions - 21
    Dicey Rileys - 20
    Kyrstle - 19 (must be well connected)
    21 - 21 (now!... used to be 18)
    Qbar - 18
    Tripod/Crawdaddy/POD - 21 unless during the week
    AKA - 18 (can be tricky to get into)
    Cacoon - 20
    Anywhere on Dawson street will let you in if you are 19+ looking and well dressed and NOT in groups of lads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

I don't see how a nightclub can just decide what the entry age is. Surely, if the legal drinking age is 18 then they have to let you in if you're over 18?! How come they can decide 19, 20, 21 just like that?

I remember being in a particular shop and seeing the sign "Alcohol will not be served to persons under the age of 26" I thought "What the Hell?! How can you refuse to serve a 25 year old?" :confused:

Pen1987 wrote: »
    Kyrstle - 19 (must be well connected)

no true anymore, it was up til recently, now its kinda gone to the dogs.

a nightmare to pull in there anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

howl at the moon -23
    It's whatever age the bouncers want it to be. Certainly not 23 though. There'd be hundreds of people in there under 23 every night it's open.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

no true anymore, it was up til recently, now its kinda gone to the dogs.

a nightmare to pull in there anyway

Gone up to 23's now.

ozzyoh wrote: »
    Gone up to 23's now.

good thing im 23 so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭neversuitedher

A friend and I (ladies) went to the purty kithchen last night and we were dressed VERY well. It was around 10/half 10, and loads of people were walking in...a few girls with skirts showing their a$$'s walked in no problem around 17/18 no older. Me and me friend walk to the door to be refused buy the bouncer! What age are you? we replyed "19 and 20" to which he started singing "tonight i not your night, its a no go" bla bla bla.. so we laughed thinking it was a joke. Then he said "your not not 19 and 20?" so we showed him our passports. He looked at them and then told us we have to be 21? We were dresses well, not loud or drunk or rude in any way to him. He basically made a show of us and as we walked on, he allowed a crowd behind us in with out checking any ID! First time going to Purty kitchen and definiatlly my last-absolutally humilliating!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

That's just bouncers for you. They are, generally, all pr*cks who get on power buzzez and think they are God.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Be honest your best bet for getting into clubs,is to not walk in big numbers,doorman seem adverse to large groups,walk in two or three at a time,and when your walking in,walk confidently and dont be nervous looking and never walk in with your ID in your hand,or go rooting for it in your bag,only whip it out if requested for it...........................................Dont see why people still go nightclubs so much hassle going out nowadays,so dear

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

D2 -
    coppers -
    howl at the moon -
    redz - 18's
    21's - 18's
    boomerangs -
    fitzsimons -
    citibar -
    purty kitchen -
    club M -
    rain -
    tramco -
    rios -
    trivia -

All crap. Twisted pepper is good and 18s.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

disssco wrote: »
    All crap. Twisted pepper is good and 18s.

That the place on Abbey St next to the Academy?

Advertisement