Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mackie Onyx Satellite

Options
  • 08-06-2008 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Does anyone know does the mackie onyx satellite (http://www.thomann.de/ie/mackie_onyx_satellite.htm) work with a mac 10.5.2? The manual says that it does but there seems to be a bit of confusion out there with many people saying it doesn't work on later mac's?
    Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭fitz

Works fine on 10.4.
    I haven't tried it on Leopard, but there was native support in 10.4, so I can't see why it wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭thereturn

fitz wrote: »
    Works fine on 10.4.
    I haven't tried it on Leopard, but there was native support in 10.4, so I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Grand stuff thanks fitz.

Mackie Onyx Satellite arrived the other day and it works fine thankfully. Sound quality seems good also and from what I have seen so far it looks real good value for money. One problem is though that the CD rom I got with the purchase keeps getting rejected by my mac. When I put the CD in the mac just ejects it again after a few seconds. As a result I can't get tracktion 2. Anyone any
    idea as to why this might be happening?

That's odd.
    Tbh, Garageband will probably be just as good as Tracktion for what you're doing.
    I found Tracktion did some funny stuff with certain virtual instruments and tempos.
    Give Garageband a try.

Yeah it works well on Garageband. Just would like to have Tracktion as another option. Thanks for the recommendation of the Mackie a couple of weeks back anyway fitz. Glad I went for it. Sound quality seems good for 160 euro, its easy to use and I like the fact that it is a sturdy piece of equipment.

• Advertisement

No worries dude...
    Could just be a scratched CD. Try it on another machine. If it works, see about burning a copy of the CD and trying that in the Mac. Failing that, get onto Mackie support.

Glad it's working out for you.
    The pre's are very nice for the price. Very clean, lots of headroom, and yeah, built like a bloody tank!

The portability is great too. I've mine setup now at home with the base permanently hooked up to my monitors and external valve pre. A few weeks ago I grabbed a mic, cable, my mac and the pod and did location voiceover recording for a friend of mine. It's very handy for that kind of thing.

Good idea will see what the result is in another machine. As you say though garageband is ideal for what we are looking for at the moment so not overly concerned if there is a problem with the cd. Portability is a handy bonus all right.

Advertisement