Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morrowind

• 08-06-2008 9:39pm

Ok, I'm addicted to playing Oblivion again.

Just wondering if anybody has experience playing Morrowind, and if so, what's it like - graphically, gameplay wise, size of gamplay area etc.
    Ultimately, is it worth getting for the 360?

On another note, how does it compare to the wonderful Oblivion?

What I'd really (really!) like to see is (most probably in the next gen consoles - I doubt the technology is there for it yet...) an Elder Scrolls game that you can explore the whole continent.
    Any takers for that idea?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I found the travelling between places in Oblivion quite boring – run 400 yards, fight mountain lion, run 400 yards, fight mountain lion, run 400 yards, fight mountain lion, etc. I'd rather see better voice acting and more interesting NPCs.

As for Morrowind, I didn't know you could play it on the 360. I hear it excellent – many people prefare it to Oblivion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I didn't play Morrowind myself but a buddy was addicted to it for ages on the old xbox, he still maintains there's more to do in that than Oblivion, I'd say it would definitely be worth playing if you don't mind the now dated looking graphics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

got addicted to morrowind when igot the original 360.Excellent game, don't know how it would compare to Oblivion as its been years since I played it.Loads to do in it but obviously graphics weaker and few bits not up to scratch.Takes ages travelling but loads to discover when travelling.Prefered the story definately and the game of the year pack was great especially when you get the ability to turn into a werewolf.If I remember correctly the cities are much bigger than the cities in oblivion but harder to find your way around.I'd def check it but don't blameme if you're not crazy on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

grizzly wrote: »
    I found the travelling between places in Oblivion quite boring

eh you are aware of the fast travel option yea?! :confused:

Hmm, feedback seems pretty good this far. Obviously the graphics wouldn't be quite up to Oblivion standards, but I wouldn't mind that.

Good point on the city sizes, in Oblivion they were pretty small.

As for the travelling in Oblivion, I didn't mind the wole "travel, fight, travel, fight" element. It's a minor annoyance, and more than made up for when you get a nice panoramic view of the landscape, or when you find little touches like small bridges over cliffs, etc.

Must keep an eye out for the Game of the Year edition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Lee Snowflake

Yeah Morrowind is a great game but I don't think it is as good as Oblivion. There was some cool things to do in Morrowind (levitate) and the training was better, but i think there is more to do in Oblivion. The Shivering Isles add-on is pretty cool too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Morrowind is a fantastic game. One of the best ever imo. Graphically, its decent, but not a patch on Oblivion obviously. Its a bigger game world, with loads (and i mean freakin loads) to discover, with some great quests. The combat isnt as good, and magic is totally borked, but its still an amazing game. You should try it on the pc, as you can get the GotY edition for about €15.

I'm going to keep an eye out for the GOTY edition of Morrowind for the X Box. My stone age PC wouldn't be able to handle a game like that.

And I agree Snowflake, Shivering Isle was an excellent add on. I've downloaded all the plug-ins for Oblivion, and all (the "lairs" in particular) are excellent, and really help add to the atmosphere and feel of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Lee Snowflake

Sorry Druss, I sold my Morrowind GoTY edition last week on eBay. If I still had it, I would have sold it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Morrowind is IMO much, much better than Oblivion. Obviously the graphics aren't so good but the quests, general exploring and the fact that the enemies don't bloody well level up with you make it a much more fun and engrossing experience than Oblivion.

• Advertisement

Sorry Druss, I sold my Morrowind GoTY edition last week on eBay. If I still had it, I would have sold it to you.

Damn it!

Ah well, such is life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah I'd have to agree. Love Morrowind! As shiny and fancy as oblivion is, I just feel that Morrowind has more of a soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭RedXIII

Morrowind Is one of the most enjoyable games Ive ever played. Fine its not going to look like Oblivion but I think it beats Oblivion in every other factor

Pick up Game of the Year Edition for the added areas, epic:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I think I won it off you!

Advertisement