Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racedriver grid

Options
  • 08-06-2008 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

anyone else playing this, the graphics are amazing and the racing is great fun, might have to get my wheel out of the attic though as keep coming last using the keys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

played this demo on the xbox 360... grpahics are spot on, car handling is muck but codemaster games are never very realisitic.... would be great on a 16 lan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

yeah the graphics are great, I suppose the handling isn't the best, I manage to crash a lot but it's nearly worth it cause the damage model is brill, it's defo a lot of fun, would recommend it

i second that... crashing is actually more fun then driving....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Great game, the controls feel arcady, very different to the Race Driver series, but its an attempt to get it to sell in Asia, whom are gettin DiRT as a free game when bought with GRID. the bucky lastards.

Great game, the controls feel arcady, very different to the Race Driver series, but its an attempt to get it to sell in Asia, whom are gettin DiRT as a free game when bought with GRID. the bucky lastards.

its only 15 quid now in GAME so im not really concerned... ( thats the pc not ps3 version )

though im still jealous !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

S.I.R wrote: »
    its only 15 quid now in GAME so im not really concerned... ( thats the pc not ps3 version )

Cheers for that... you had me checking stores for a €15 copy of Grid!

*grumble* after getting my hopes up...

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Yeah I think this game is great with its emphasis being more on having fun rather than realism. There are a few things that grind my gears about it though. The first is that most people tend to treat online races more like a destruction derby which can be really annoying when your winning the race and then some guy, going round the track backwards, takes you out. The other is that, and I don't know whether this happens on 360s or whether its just my PS3, is that when racing online it crashes my system every once in a while. I think its simply the game cause my PS3 never crashes with any other game. Anyone else have the same problem?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

yes a few other people i know had the same problem, there working on a fix for it.

as for online play, 99/100 i dont have a destruction derby banter in a real race, most people plea for a good clean race at the beginning, and thats what we usually get :P

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

^ Im guessing thats in the full game but in the demo it seems to be just all out war as far as the 'races' are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

First racing game in a long time to grab my attention. Great fun / graphics / sound / variety :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement