Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what should I do?

Options
  • 08-06-2008 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

this is probably a typical question from someone who works with family. but it causes me grief so much I rely dont know what to do at this stage.

basically i am a tradesman and work alone i have a company van and tools. the work i do involves lifting goods well in excess of what a one person should be doing (ie 70KG).
    i would work for myself but i have no equipment or transport of my own ,the work i do takes in 500% of what i earn every week.
    legally what can i do to ensure i am gettng what i am entitled to as its very hard to know when working for family. the worse thing is the "gaffer" is always unavailable on the phone and is playing golf and hanging around at home a lot.

Advertisement