Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero 4

Options
  • 08-06-2008 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

i saw something on the internet about guitar hero 4 coming out for the holiday season, it also said that drums and a microphone will be introduced to it.

but when i tried to look more into it guitar hero 4 was also being mentioned as guitar hero:aerosmith. Does anyone know more about this matter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

They are separate games. GH:Aerosmith is more of a expansion pack.

Roll on GH:Metallica :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

brennaldo wrote: »
    i saw something on the internet about guitar hero 4 coming out for the holiday season, it also said that drums and a microphone will be introduced to it.

but when i tried to look more into it guitar hero 4 was also being mentioned as guitar hero:aerosmith. Does anyone know more about this matter

quitar hero 4 is aparently on the way before christmas and it will include drums and a microphone. i read it the other day in a mag its had some screens of the game too.its aparently going to be cheaper than rock band aswell (remains to be seen. probably by 5 euro or somthing) but until then you will just have to make do with gh3. that is unless you were crazy enough to shell out the rediculous money for rock band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

Indie18 wrote: »
    quitar hero 4 is aparently on the way before christmas and it will include drums and a microphone. i read it the other day in a mag its had some screens of the game too.its aparently going to be cheaper than rock band aswell (remains to be seen. probably by 5 euro or somthing) but until then you will just have to make do with gh3. that is unless you were crazy enough to shell out the rediculous money for rock band.

no i didnt buy rock band (dont see the point) im happy enough with gh3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

that is unless you were crazy enough to shell out the rediculous money for rock band.

I've played Rock Band every single day since I bought it last November, and spent all of two days playing GHIII before giving up on it and eventually giving it away. Which do you think I think is the bigger waste of money?

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I've played Rock Band every single day since I bought it last November, and spent all of two days playing GHIII before giving up on it and eventually giving it away. Which do you think I think is the bigger waste of money?

i think buy not getting rock band its 200 euro better off in my pocket. i bought gh3 of ebay for 50 euro and play it quite regular. so to answer your question rock band is the bigger waste of money cause any game that costs more than 70 euro is a waste of money and not worth getting. i even think 70 is a bit much but i will stretch to it for a game i really want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

GH4 is reportedly pencilled to be out a few months before Christmas.

From what has come out so far it will have a full set of instruments, new guitar with extra touch sensative buttons on the next, velocity-sensitive 6 piece drum kit and the usual microphone. You will be able to also create your own music and upload 5 of your songs to share or something like that. There was a video out of the drum kit in use and it looks fantastic with the cymbal pads, should be on joystiq somewhere.

I hated the drums on RockBand for the fact that they were nothing like real drums, even the way you played them was alien to someone who actually plays drums. Pity. Also that constant tapping was a pain in the hole.

Ill be saving my money for GH4 this October. Rockband just looks like more of the same then anything new. But also, those Rockband drums just make me want to cry :(

i think buy not getting rock band its 200 euro better off in my pocket. i bought gh3 of ebay for 50 euro and play it quite regular. so to answer your question rock band is the bigger waste of money cause any game that costs more than 70 euro is a waste of money and not worth getting. i even think 70 is a bit much but i will stretch to it for a game i really want.

Yeah but I was talking about which i think is the bigger waste of money, a round-a-bout snippy way of saying, to each their own. It's only a ridiculous amount of money if for me Rock Band wasn't as good or only just as good as GH III. So for me, the few hundred euros (extra guitar, DLC etc.) I've spent on Rock Band is a bargain considering the amount of enjoyment and use I get out of it and I'd find it hard to think anyone would disagree just because everyone I know, including friends who haven't played a computer game since the SNES are obsessed with it. So for me it's superior in every way.

For me it's like McDonald's, you can get a perfectly fine burger for like $2, but if I want a nicer burger, or a proper meal, it's not ridiculous to pay 10 or 15 euro in a restaurant.

Yeah but I was talking about which i think is the bigger waste of money, a round-a-bout snippy way of saying, to each their own. It's only a ridiculous amount of money if for me Rock Band wasn't as good or only just as good as GH III. So for me, the few hundred euros (extra guitar, DLC etc.) I've spent on Rock Band is a bargain considering the amount of enjoyment and use I get out of it and I'd find it hard to think anyone would disagree just because everyone I know, including friends who haven't played a computer game since the SNES are obsessed with it. So for me it's superior in every way.

For me it's like McDonald's, you can get a perfectly fine burger for like $2, but if I want a nicer burger, or a proper meal, it's not ridiculous to pay 10 or 15 euro in a restaurant.

thats fair. i'm just saying that it wouldn't be me i just would not be able to justify paying 200 euro especially when in america its almost 80 or 90 dollers cheaper i think ( if not correct me ) but thats me and you think other wise which is fair enough.

thats fair. i'm just saying that it wouldn't be me i just would not be able to justify paying 200 euro especially when in america its almost 80 or 90 dollers cheaper i think ( if not correct me ) but thats me and you think other wise which is fair enough.

Well it's about $180 if you include tax, not sure how that works out exchange rate-wise, but yeah it is cheaper. But everything's cheaper over there. I imported mine anyway and it basically worked out the same price as it is over here if you include shipping.

For me Guitar Hero III doesn't even compare to it. I tired playing GH III again a couple of months back at my sister's house and I was just completely overwhelmed by how shoddy it was in comparison to Rock Band. The presentation in GH III sucks, particularily the drummer's animations. There was lag, I'm in the minority that much prefers the Rock band strat. just feels more like a guitar, with a strum bar you can actually pluck, with the right amount of tension.

I just find GH III completely over-charted, and feels too much like a game and leaves me feeling completely uninvolved with the music. For me Rock Band's setlist is hugely superior to GH IIIs too, so I'm definitely springing for Rock band 2 over GH: World Tour too, as I imagine most of the probs I have with GH III will pop up again. and with Rock Band's weekly DLC, it just keeps getting better, and also being able to use RB 1 DLC in RB 2 is a huge bonus, and I also don't need to buy the instruments again. I'm assuming based on Activision's appalling track record that the Rock Band instruments won't work with GH: World Tour either.

For me it's like the difference between an average FPS (can't think of one off the top of my head) and Call of Duty 4 or something. Rock Band is just awesome and makes every other similar game pale in comparison so much so that you wonder how you even played them in the first place.

Well it's about $180 if you include tax, not sure how that works out exchange rate-wise, but yeah it is cheaper. But everything's cheaper over there. I imported mine anyway and it basically worked out the same price as it is over here if you include shipping.

For me Guitar Hero III doesn't even compare to it. I tired playing GH III again a couple of months back at my sister's house and I was just completely overwhelmed by how shoddy it was in comparison to Rock Band. The presentation in GH III sucks, particularily the drummer's animations. There was lag, I'm in the minority that much prefers the Rock band strat. just feels more like a guitar, with a strum bar you can actually pluck, with the right amount of tension.

I just find GH III completely over-charted, and feels too much like a game and leaves me feeling completely uninvolved with the music. For me Rock Band's setlist is hugely superior to GH IIIs too, so I'm definitely springing for Rock band 2 over GH: World Tour too, as I imagine most of the probs I have with GH III will pop up again. and with Rock Band's weekly DLC, it just keeps getting better, and also being able to use RB 1 DLC in RB 2 is a huge bonus, and I also don't need to buy the instruments again. I'm assuming based on Activision's appalling track record that the Rock Band instruments won't work with GH: World Tour either.

For me it's like the difference between an average FPS (can't think of one off the top of my head) and Call of Duty 4 or something. Rock Band is just awesome and makes every other similar game pale in comparison so much so that you wonder how you even played them in the first place.

so you like rock band then.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I have to agree with NotorietyH, Rock Band is miles ahead of the GH games, just got Aerosmith, and it felt like a big step backwards after playing Rock Band for the last month...

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Same here... I have EVERY Guitar Hero on every system that is available in Ireland (yes, I'm a freak)... I have used it less than Rock Band which I've had since release day. I've used Rock Band every single day and I'm still loving it. I played GH3 only a few days and I got bored.... When you get to the level on expert where songs get kinda stupid, you can either quit, or keep failing and driving you demented until you pass them. I couldn't be ar**ed to practise those last few songs.

In fact, I bought Rock Band twice (long story)... and I still find it worth it... I've also had many many meets with friends in my house because of it... I'd never get that with GH. I do like both games however. I still love my GH... although I found GH2 far more fun than 3.

Except GH is only guitar.... with 200 euro, you get a set of drums, a mic, and a guitar... so it's like 3 games in one. Also the DLC is better on Rock Band and they release 4-10 new songs every tuesday.
    I hated the drums on RockBand for the fact that they were nothing like real drums, even the way you played them was alien to someone who actually plays drums. Pity. Also that constant tapping was a pain in the hole.

The tapping noise kinda unavoidable for any drum game, but in fairness, they do sound like crap rubber. I disagree with what you said about real drummers though. The notecharts on Rock Band are modelled off the real charts (to a high extent) and I've had many "real" drummers comment highly about how it's exactly like playing the real thing... except for the fact you are playing it on a crappy plastic kit.
    I just find GH III completely over-charted, and feels too much like a game and leaves me feeling completely uninvolved with the music. For me Rock Band's setlist is hugely superior to GH IIIs too, so I'm definitely springing for Rock band 2 over GH:

I think GH3 songs were overcharted to accomodate the l33t players. Which I guess is ok, but the Rock Band setlist and DLC are awesome. The key thing with Rock Band 2 is that Harmonix are scouring internet forums to find out what problems people have and have said that they are addressing the issues that people are having.... unlike activision. Anyway.. The best thing for me is that ALL my DLC for Rock Band 1 will be compatible with Rock Band 2.

Will they do the same on Guitar Hero? No! They will make you buy Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Guitar Hero Metallica, Guitar Hero Britney Spears or whatever else... Which makes the game far less value for money than Rock Band in my opinion. Sure I don't mind them releasing more stuff, but seriously... Metallica and Aerosmith should have been Downloadable content rather than a whole new game. I've seen the aerosmith version of GH and it doesn't add anything new to the game except for new songs.

The Drumkit in Guitar Hero 4 (world tour) looks awesome. I hope it's more reliable than the Rock Band ones.

Advertisement