Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TF2: Revenge of the Fallen - OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

All of this info is pretty much true except for point number 4...
    Jetfire is in the movie but as a
    decepticon. His alt mode is an SR 71 blackbird, some toy images have already been leaked
    He supposedly changes sides, just like in the original cartoon series.

Latest news is that there is a Pretender in the film as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

He supposedly changes sides, just like in the original cartoon series.

Latest news is that there is a Pretender in the film as well.
    The fanboys are giving the preterminator a very hard time so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

which is surprising considering the whole fecking point is disguise , how can you get any better than that ?
    incidently theres a vid of her, at least i presume its her, up on seibertrons news section somewhere. a bloke took camerphone vids from his dorm of the shooting when it was based in his university and you can clearly see dozens of people running away in terror......from a young woman. the only way that makse sense to me is if thats her.

personally depending on how its handled i dont have a problem with it, in fact if anything it bodes well to the storyline which at least looks to be better than the last one . as long as she's only a small part of the film. im far more interested in seeing devestator tear up the pyramids :):)

to be brutally honest the only thing that'll bug me is i'll continually be going "it your wan from home and away ! "

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The whole
    preterminator
    thing doesnt make any sense. Knowing Bay she'll be very hot and walk in extremely slow motion with a breeze blowing her blond hair across her dirty chest.

Bay is now saying that the leaked megatron tank toy is nothing to do with the movie! Megatron wont be back! Bay has no one convinced!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This is out in June then? Bloody well hurry up! :)

• Advertisement

faceman wrote: »
    The whole
    preterminator
    thing doesnt make any sense. Knowing Bay she'll be very hot and walk in extremely slow motion with a breeze blowing her blond hair across her dirty chest.

Makes more sense than the Pretenders in the comics. Sure they looked sort of human... too bad they were 40ft tall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

i could be well ahead of time here, but anyone found any trailers yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

brennaldo wrote: »
    i could be well ahead of time here, but anyone found any trailers yet?

The first trailer will be aired at the Superbowl. (along with GI Joe)

One of the writers mentioned on Don Simpons website that fanboys will be pleased with Soundwave and there are 40+ robots in the movie.

Given Soundwave turns into a stupid looking plane, i fail to see what he means.

TV spot for the superbowl is up on youtube now in HD !

i seen it on seibertron.coms newspage. it looks pretty slick with some nice shots of one of the construticons and ravage. it certainly gets the heart pumping.

first real trailer is meant to come out next week.

EDIT. sorry, its in THREE weeks time. apparetnly its going to by in the trailers for bays redo of friday the 13th and then released on the net the week after.

still seeing as THIS is up now thats anyones guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ah man .. that just makes the waiting worse :(

LInk to HD trailer here:

only a 30 second teaser but you see Ravage and either Devestator or The Fallen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

omg that trailer makes me have a romance exploision in my trousers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Although the trailer looks explosive etc., is anyone else slightly disappointed that they look the same as they did in the first movie? Also, not a hint of the transformers theme tune...

Is it just me, or does it kind of feel like the studio is letting Bay do his thing and make huge ass movies, only to ditch it for a "re-branding" in a few years batman-style, to do with a new director and go to the older cartoon-style characterisation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I don't think there should be transformers in it at all. It will completely unbalance the gameplay. Why aren't they concentrating on adding more class-specific achievements and unlockable weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,789 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

can someone explain this preterminator thing to me? edit: oh wait, pretender. that was easier to google. Sure, there was 3 pretenders in the first movie if you count those (barricades driver, starscream and blackouts pilot)...though they were all played by the same actor.

Maybe the big one is Tidal Wave...which would make good sense if thats a protoform crashing into that carrier...nah

if they all looked different it would throw all but the nerds off the scent. Half the audience would get it, the rest would walk out of the theatre going "ohhhh that was that leader guy from the first one?"

Apparently the big guy laying the smack down on Prime there is just one of the Constructicons.

A photo of The Fallen's toy is also doing the rounds now...

fallen2.jpg

Apparently the big guy laying the smack down on Prime there is just one of the Constructicons.

A photo of The Fallen's toy is also doing the rounds now...

Doesnt look much like his comic book alter ego?

I wonder if its a case of Megatron from the first flick; i.e. the fallen is only on screen for the last 10 minutes!

Say hello to the Constructicons: Devastator

devastatorx2_03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Is the theater trailer out today ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

yeah but you have to go see friday the 13th to see it I believe, so give it a few hours and hopefully someone will put a camjob up on youtube.

I dont like the look of the Fallen based on the rendering posted on AICN the other day. However Devastator looks great, 7 decepticons make him up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

New trailer, not great quality:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Someone call MB there and tell him to show us the damn film already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pac:

I know its just a camera copy of the new trailer but i think its poor. Not really telling much bar quick glimpses of random action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Thats the whole point. Bay himself said he didnt want a spoilertastic trailer that ruins the film.

Megatron Tank Mode

transformers-megatron-tank.jpg

new trailer is up in HD on yahoo now.

theres a link in the seibertron.com news page.

its a HELL of alot better than the cinema bootlegs. theres alot more detail to be seen including the fallen's appearance in the desert jusst after prime gets hit in the face.

he can either teleport or they just released him from imprisonment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Skyuser wrote: »

Jagshemash!

Advertisement