Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TF2: Revenge of the Fallen - OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

News over at TFW say that the Audi is actually Sideways, not barricade like we all assumed.

Have to say I like devvy. According to Toy Fair 2009 the toy will be in or around 2ft in size, the individual parts dont seem to transform into smaller bots, seeminly they are gonna flog them at deluxe price point.

Here are more toys, some of the autobots look, well eh .... Retarded............

http://www.collider.com/clubhouse/vortex/article.asp/aid/10948/tcid/6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

^^^ they look ok, i suppose, but wait until the film comes out, they'll all look much better (also assuming this from the trailer)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

soundwave looks like a cylon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Apparantely one of the Decepticons is called The Doctor and is in fact an Insecticon of sorts. Its a mini transformer yoke that turns into nasty torture implements. According to USA Today anyway.

Bay has commented on Jetfire saying he's a bit forgetful and geriatric.

He also went on to say that some of the TF's are childlike/teenage like in personality. I gets the feeling we may have a family of Jar Jar's on screen.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

The Doctor may be Scapel, who's toy was revealed yesterday:

Movie:

attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=16707

Toy:

attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=16775

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

looks like this is gonna be one hell of a movie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

hellboy99 wrote: »
    The Doctor may be Scapel, who's toy was revealed yesterday:

Tee hee "microscope mode"! That will be a big seller! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Am I the only one who facepalmed when Bay said there'd be teenbots?

I read last night (I think it was either on AICN or Seibertron) that Bay in an interview said that
    Arcee would die

In the first one he
    kills the token african american transformer, now he's killing off women?

Bay has issues! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Am i the only one not going to watch this piece of **** marketers wet dream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

nix wrote: »
    Am i the only one not going to watch this piece of **** marketers wet dream?

yes you are

can people stop posting in this thread, cause that youtube video of the advert strangely starts automatically unlike every other video in the universe and it blows the eardrums off me everytime I check this thread.

so shush

the lot of you.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    can people stop posting in this thread, cause that youtube video of the advert strangely starts automatically unlike every other video in the universe and it blows the eardrums off me everytime I check this thread.

so shush

the lot of you.

Im having that problem too. Oops sorry! :p

ok we gotta get onto a new page quickly.

So spam people spam as much as you can! (:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

no need to spam when weve got info !

just back from the seibertron site and theyre saying that the next trailer will be released on may 1st with the "xmen origins : wolverine" film.

odds are the first pirated ones will be up on youtube that very night so only a two week wait :)

i'll be honest while the film is getting the predictable crap off the critics/reviewers in the media , mainly on the back of the fact theyre too old and dont connect to the concept (plus are pissed off they didtn see it coming the first time around showing up their cred), im somewhat split on it myself.

on the one hand all the mythos that seems to be involved concerning the fallen and the first 13 transformers, the constructicons and devestator, the fun twist on the insecticons, the MUCH bigger scope and numbers of characters . no fecking dinobots unfortunetly but at least were getting a sence of an ARMY of them as opposed to an infiltration group - last figures i heard were between 40 and 60 TFs engaging in a truely worldwide confrontation with the expected consequensce i.e massive destruction as befits a war.

but theres also enough that make me think some of this could at least have aspects that'll suck big time. skids and mudflap come to mind instantly . prehaps its disinformation but the DO look like retards and the last thing the world needs is the bucktoothed TFs version of jar jar binks "trying to be cool for the kids"

and im not one hundred percent behind all the fecking unicycles either. dont get me wrong i like the new approach to the designs, i just wish more of the name chareacters actually LOOKED like the name characters. is it that freaking hard to at least do a prime and have them look "vaguely" like there precedents?

so far only long haul looks to measure up to that. even a colour scheme would help me buy sideswipe AS sideswipe in the film. as it was the only one to come close in the first film was jazz and he got offed.

just a bit of news.

i dont know how to link it so forgive me (hell i cant even LOOK at it as the dinosaur im using in work wont let me) but if you hop over to the seibertron.com site and go to the news section theyve posted some footage of the sequel for people to look at.

its released legitamatly by bay himself to whet the appetite, presumably some of the stuff in the trailer to come next week.

so there ya go , have fun. :)

New video on michaelbay.com.

Spoilerific.

Stuff with sam and bumblebee looks embarrassingly awful but there's some good new stuff in the last minute.

Its up on YouTube now. Looks great bar the Bumblebee nonsense. Jetfire talks, few seconds of Devastator, the Fallen in action, cant wait! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

My god that bumblebee bit was awful... rest looked pretty damn awesome, as did megan fox ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

that wriggle megan fox does when she takes down her leather pants. oh those two seconds made perrin shiver with delight!!!! gurgle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Can't wait for this film...........I hate that auto starting youtube clip! :)

Youtube are making alot of non-commercial user unfriendly choices right now.

The Bumblebee bits are AWFUL. The rest, pretty damn good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Megan just looks hot while she's changing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 frapp

+1 on the megan fox bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I see they tried to cover her tattoo.

SDooM wrote: »
    Youtube are making alot of non-commercial user unfriendly choices right now.

The Bumblebee bits are AWFUL. The rest, pretty damn good.

i agree with that which is why i think theres a slim chance it might actually be a charade on the part of bumblebee to keep sam distracted to give micheala the chance to change into her dress and surprise him.

it seems to be the only way the whole scene makes sence.

of course this being bay it could just be lame :)

THIRD trailer is up on youtube and its crap.

the pictures are blurry and th soundso out of sync but you DO get to see everthing in the one thats meant to be released tomorrow.

TBH your better off waiting for that as the quality will be much better but you do get to see some of the plot, megatron rising (heh, couldnt resist that!) devestator in action and prime using both his energon swords so its NOT just a toy gimmick.

oh and megan fox in hot pants astride a motor cycle if you into that sort of thing :):)

the vids are being pulled left right and center so im not giving anything away by saying search for "never before seen transformer 2 trailer" to find the vid.

have fun while it lasts lads !

It was taken down very quick.

• Advertisement

Advertisement