Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TF2: Revenge of the Fallen - OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

looks better than the first trailer, really cant wait for this, wahts the exact date of release (in ireland obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

bit of mad news to be filed under "rumour" at best.

just back from the seibertron.com site and theres a post, with pics, in the news sections that suggests ravages alt mode is.......

....laserbeak.

being as its an alt mode done by whoever has the toy it could be completly wrong but there is wings there and it makes a fair looking chicken :).

the rumours is also that he turns into a weapon ala a target master for soundwave.

hop over to have a look youself and make your mind up but its a fairly interesting idea and we have seen pics ages ago of what we thought was laserbeak attacking a car windshield so who knows.

either way till wed get a look at ravages box we wont know till sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

just in case it had only been rumoured, its confirmed in this months empire that megatron is back, baby! and his alt mode is a tank and he's very pissed off......

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

just in case it had only been rumoured, its confirmed in this months empire that megatron is back, baby! and his alt mode is a tank and he's very pissed off......

He's in the trailer. :)

Rumour is he is some form of fallen-zombie, thus fulfilling Bay's "Megatrons NOT back!!!" comment in part.

sod megatron.

the big news for me is for some reson were getting the film on june 19th !!

posters are up in bus shelters and the adds have been running on telly. noteably nickeleodeon.

i dont know why the hell were getting this so quick but i aint complaining ! :):):)

• Advertisement

no i wouldnt complain, its great:D, can anyone tell me what/who is that in the trailer at the end who has some sort of suction vortex ting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

brennaldo wrote: »
    no i wouldnt complain, its great:D, can anyone tell me what/who is that in the trailer at the end who has some sort of suction vortex ting

Devastator.

ok thanks ha

dev is looking alot better in the movie than the toy would have you believe.

if your go to the seibertron.com site in their movie section theres a few links to the TV spots that have been showing in the states

you get to see some really interesting stuff without learning too much about the plot if that worries you.

the ballbearing TFs caught my eye, you get to see sideswipe in action with the bikerbabes and a breif clip of devestator combining.

fri 19th really cant come quick enough :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Apparently 'The Fallen' actually does refer to a characters name. So it looks like they probably are going with the character from the comic books. All a bit after my time though.

It looks from some of the rumours and the trailer, he has the power to teleport too! Weird!

• Advertisement

ok file this under spoiler/ rumour
    according to seibertron.com using a link to the don murphy site one of his members got to see the premier in japan and gave a breif review of it. some bloke called tony todd is the voice of "the fallen" . frank welker does voice soundwave AND devestator but unfortunetly dev only says one word (his name) and soundwave doesnt transform AT ALL in the film or come to earth. the poster said he enjoyed the film much more than the last one saying the action and TFs is way up and the humans arent in it as much as the first. STILL some lame moments involving the twins and apparently the "peeing scene" in the first one now has competition in the form of wheelie trying to hump megan fox's leg

there really wasnt much else worth mentioning in his post besides that.

hope it helps and end of the day on the whole it sounded like a winner. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

For those of you who want to know the plot and have an iPhone....

Search for IDW Publishing on the App store and it will list all the prequel comics for download. However in there you will also see Part 1 of 4 of the Revenge of the Fallen comic book of the film. The other 3 arent there yet. I downloaded part 1 for 79c.

Spoilerific. Be warned.

Is anywere doing a preview on a thursday does anybody know ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ZiMZuM

Storm in Waterford are showing transformers at 00:01 Thursday night/Friday morning

http://waterford.stormcinemas.ie/bookingDetails.tpl?showcode=TROTF

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Doesn't look like Cineworld are doing a midnight screening.

Don't know about Dundrum as their website is atrocious.

IGN UK review up

http://movies.ign.com/articles/994/994427p2.html

Pretty positive... addresses most fannly concerns. :)

I would guess from that review
    Optimus dies after the first hour and they spend the rest of the film trying to bring him back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Heading to the premiere this evening (you can put on your jealous hats now).

Will report back with my thoughts later.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Heading to the premiere this evening (you can put on your jealous hats now).

Will report back with my thoughts later.

If you can, twitpic some megan fox pics! and dont forget to tweet your thoughts afterward! Enjoy!

yeah by all means give your thoughts, but don't be like some others and basically ruin the plot, that happens way too much with people

Yep. We're in dangerous territory here now.

So Spoiler tags please if you've seen the film...

Or perhaps we should have a new thread for those who have seen it?

I'm going the midnight showing on Thursday... so except my opinions early Friday morning.

• Advertisement

I'm going the midnight showing on Thursday... so except my opinions early Friday morning.

Wheres the midnight showing on?? Count me in please!!! :)

brennaldo wrote: »
    yeah by all means give your thoughts, but don't be like some others and basically ruin the plot, that happens way too much with people

No chance dude, I'll hold back on plot points 'til the weekend.

But I'll still give an overall yay/nay/wow etc.

faceman wrote: »
    Wheres the midnight showing on?? Count me in please!!! :)

Liffey Valley. Awkward.. but has to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

SNAPE KILLS OPTIMUS!

Wow, oh wow. That was excellent. If you liked the first one, then this is 5 times better. I'm not gonna give anything away but there's lots of fights and explosions and megan fox.

Go as soon as you can. Midnight in liffey valley sounds excellent. I'd join ye to see it again but it's way too far away. Defos going again this weekend.

thats good to hear, goin on friday (liffey valley at midnight isnt a possibility :(), cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

If you liked the first one, then this is 5 times better.

So its still crap then :P

Go as soon as you can. Midnight in liffey valley sounds excellent. I'd join ye to see it again but it's way too far away. Defos going again this weekend.

The Nocturnal Forum are going on Friday as a big gang.

The Nocturnal Forum are going on Friday as a big gang.

The temptation to go on Thurs night as well is astounding.

Yeah if anyone wants to come along we're going to the 21.10 showing in Cineworld on Parnell St, being the Nocturnal Foprm there is beers in the Woolshed before and in Fibbers after. I suspect there will be some heavy discussion as myself, Galvasean, and a few others are big fans :) All are welcome. Indeed, on that day, all will be one.

• Advertisement

SDooM wrote: »
    Yeah if anyone wants to come along we're going to the 21.10 showing in Cineworld on Parnell St, being the Nocturnal Foprm there is beers in the Woolshed before and in Fibbers after. I suspect there will be some heavy discussion as myself, Galvasean, and a few others are big fans :) All are welcome. Indeed, on that day, all will be one.

I'm tempted. Might stave off 'til Sunday though. Friday's just a wee bit too soon.

Advertisement