Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you poo??

• 09-06-2008 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

okay ive been talking to people about this lately(please dont ask how this was brought up) and apparently some people poo while standing up....
    is this a common practice?

How do you make your poo? 97 votes

Standing Up
    0% 0 votes
    Sitting Down
    3% 3 votes
    Leaned Over
    88% 86 votes
    Other
    8% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

Are you sure they did'nt "wipe" standing up?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Frankly I don't care how other people take a cr@p and will be happy to leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

dougee19 wrote: »
    okay ive been talking to people about this lately(please dont ask how this was brought up) and apparently some people poo while standing up....
    is this a common practice?

I have never EVER heard of standing up while on the bog...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The French don't have any toilet bouls so they either squat or stand up
    Interesting link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squat_toilet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

how long before flutteringbantam replies?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Before I vote, I'm gonna take a wild stab, and say the "sit-downers" have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

Is pooing standing up even possible? I'd imagine it's very messy especially after a few beers and an Indian Take out :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

It depends, if peanuts were involved or not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I took a train in France where the toilet was a hole in the ground.
    Literally a hole looking out on the track.

Imagine all those romantic movies where one person is chasing after their love's train.

"WAIT! WAIT! MARRY ME! I.....Oh no, I stepped in it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I love that there is an "Other" option :pac:

Doesn't bare thinking about! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Depends if I've the laptop in with me or not.

Kazobel wrote: »
    Is pooing standing up even possible? I'd imagine it's very messy especially after a few beers and an Indian Take out :eek:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1852/dedicationpooprunnermotvn9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

This thread smells like gone off mince.

lolcats poo standing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Are you sure that wasn't a glory hole? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Rb wrote: »
    Who is that?

I've no idea, t'was posted on some other forum.

Literally a hole looking out on the track.

Imagine all those romantic movies where one person is chasing after their love's train.

"WAIT! WAIT! MARRY ME! I.....Oh no, I stepped in it"

i thought all trains done that?? does that not explain the lines of auld bogroll etc on the train tracks? isnt there some sign saying please do not use the toilet while stationary at a stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

The toilet on the boat out to the Aran islands causes a "swinging" effect...whatever angle of attack you go for, sitting or standing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Are you sure that wasn't a glory hole? :D

given what I saw of the French that summer, it wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

instead a new thread ye can answer here, this one i found just weird

do you look at your poo after you take a dump??? 5/9 of the people in this discussion did.

Im pine, and how do you you poo?

posted via farts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

slideways wrote: »
    It depends, if peanuts were involved or not...

I lol'd :pac:

I've felt your pain. Sit down ftw. I avoid it away from home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

anyone ever get those floating ones? happend to me yesterday and couldnt flush it down for ages, eventually had to get a stick and mush it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

utick wrote: »
    anyone ever get those floating ones? happend to me yesterday and couldnt flush it down for ages, eventually had to get a stick and mush it up

you all disgust me

Anyone ever use take a cr*p on a dutch or German toilet? The crap stays on the dry part of the bowel until you flush it. I dont know why they do this, maybe just in case you want to inspect it for tape worms before you flush it away. http://www.cromwell-intl.com/toilet/netherlands.html

Anyone ever use take a cr*p on a dutch or German toilet? The crap stays on the dry part of the bowel until you flush it. I dont know why they do this, maybe just in case you want to inspect it for tape worms before you flush it away. http://www.cromwell-intl.com/toilet/netherlands.html

Yes that's correct, tape worms etc.
    'twas a legal requirement shortly after the war (thought it was only germany?), that law was recinded in the the mid 80's they can now use the same as anyone else.
    Weird when you first see one

• Advertisement

Yes that's correct, tape worms etc.
    'twas a legal requirement shortly after the war (thought it was only germany?), that law was recinded in the the mid 80's they can now use the same as anyone else.
    Weird when you first see one
    There was one in the apartment that I was staying in Breda in the south of Holland. (Tiesto's Birth place :) ), I couldn’t get over it, especially after eating sweet corn or pistachio nuts :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

There was one in the apartment that I was staying in Breda in the south of Holland. (Tiesto's Birth place :) ), I couldn’t get over it, especially after eating sweet corn or pistachio nuts :eek:

Once knew a chappie who for some obscure reason was into what he called colorful sh1tes.

claimed life was dull an least you could do was try brighten it up by leaving a nice colorful dump in the pan.

Bastid never flushed an would even disable the water so as to get the full "effect"

came home one day and he had a whole table full of ingrediants chopped up - peppers / corn / carrots / curry powder etc - "I'M building a colorfull sh1te" was his answer to the obvious question....fcuker was pure madd.once even bought an expensive canvas an "held" a sh1te forabout four days - then injested a nice strong laxitive -

SSSSSSPPPPPPPUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTT!!!!

Could have made the gallery of modern art if it wasn't for the pegg !!

He is back in the UK now ..Broadmoor I think ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Shit down and be as comfartable as pissable.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

No we don't. And our fridges are large ice-blocks that need to be replaced every 2 days due to melting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I protest the continued existence of this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I lived in an apt for a few months that had one of them, bloody nightmare. I had to do a midway flush a few times due to backlog. Plus after a rough night out they are not the most ideal of bowls!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Rb wrote: »
    Who is that?
    yora ma!
    this is a crap thread:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

utick wrote: »

I used to make a lot of those years ago, I don't know why but it doesn't happen anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

elmolesto wrote: »
    I used to make a lot of those years ago, I don't know why but it doesn't happen anymore.

you stopped swallowing balloons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

elmolesto wrote: »

They tried to prove on Brainiac, that if you ate foods that float i.e. fruit and so on, your poo would float... they failed... its still a mystery!! I guess some things man isn't meant to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

As odd as it sounds shìtting standing up ain't uncommon. I've often had to do it when I'm at the pub and I either realise I forgot to take a dump before I left the house or I have an "Ass Attack" where I gotta go. Now, we all know pub toilets aren't known for their..........eh, cleanliness and this cubicle in particular has no lock and nobody can ever tell if it's occupied.

So, with the valuable few seconds I have before General Shìt leaves Fort Ass I put my cunning MacGuyver abilities to the test. It's a very upsetting experience:
    • I have to use my jumper to hold the door closed
    • Make sure me arse doesn't touch the grimy toilet seat which has seen many people empty themselves on from every possible hole in the body.
    • Rush it out of me before someone enters the jacks and find it hilarious to chuck water or a pint over the cubicle on me while I'm in my MacGuyver stance.
    • And, finally, hope to Christ there's enough bog roll!! :(

Terrifying stuff!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

how can you shit standing up without ending up with a bovril sandwich?

Even using the hovercraft position doesn't give enough butt cheek clearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Duggy747 wrote: »
    As odd as it sounds shìtting standing up ain't uncommon. I've often had to do it when I'm at the pub and I either realise I forgot to take a dump before I left the house or I have an "Ass Attack" where I gotta go. Now, we all know pub toilets aren't known for their..........eh, cleanliness and this cubicle in particular has no lock and nobody can ever tell if it's occupied.

So, with the valuable few seconds I have before General Shìt leaves Fort Ass I put my cunning MacGuyver abilities to the test. It's a very upsetting experience:
    • I have to use my jumper to hold the door closed
    • Make sure me arse doesn't touch the grimy toilet seat which has seen many people empty themselves on from every possible hole in the body.
    • Rush it out of me before someone enters the jacks and find it hilarious to chuck water or a pint over the cubicle on me while I'm in my MacGuyver stance.
    • And, finally, hope to Christ there's enough bog roll!! :(

Terrifying stuff!!

I lol'd. Quality, I love this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

People experiencing diarrhea can spray fecal matter over the floor and onto the back of the ankles and/or clothing.
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

dougee19 wrote: »
    instead a new thread ye can answer here, this one i found just weird

do you look at your poo after you take a dump??? 5/9 of the people in this discussion did.

Hell yeah. Wouldn't a mother want to look at her newborn child? Same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Sitting down.....I get to sit down, relieve myself and read something

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Top Deck all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Myself, when in a public conveniance like to hover.

Straddle the bowl as far as possible and aim the walnut towards the top back of the pan(allows for gravity and drift)

face the ground and increase the the pressure until the load begins to bite.

When the N1 ,as the say in aviation, has spooled up properly unload the lot vigourously and remember to follow through.

In some instances there may be overshoot ,ignore that and evacuate the bowels fully.

Inspect the damage and flush or not as one sees fit.

If she's of artistic value leave her there for others to admire.

A tad of topic, dropped a whizzer at my golf club on Sunday morning, cleared the bowel with ease and sprayed the walls and floor.

Unintentional but , fcukin stall was like a slaughterhouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Straddle the bowl as far as possible and aim the walnut towards the top back of the pan(allows for gravity and drift) a slaughterhouse.

Have you had your arse rifled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭speaktofrank

Obviously you have never been to France then.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement