Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Blown Out Of Proportion

Options
  • 09-06-2008 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Ok, I've been worrying about the LC for the past two years and it has constantly been on my mind. But now that it is actually here it's not that bad. Eveyone was going on about how bad the leaving cert is, honestly I dont feel this way . It has being grand for me so far ..

Does anyone feel the same way or am I just mad??:o:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Depends what points you are goin for and if you are worried but i see your point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 doc26

meh, u can always jst repeat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

For people going for really high points courses, the Leaving Cert is extremely stressful.
    For people that have done nothing for 2 years and have just realised that they may have jeopardised their chances of going to college, the Leaving Cert is extremely stressful.

For everyone else, I think it is blown out of proportion. It is an important exam, of course, but it's not the be all and the end all.

If you've done a fair bit of work over the last 2 years and you are confident you will achieve your points, then Leaving Cert really isn't that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Imallin9989

For people going for really high points courses, the Leaving Cert is extremely stressful.
    For people that have done nothing for 2 years and have just realised that they may have jeopardised their chances of going to college, the Leaving Cert is extremely stressful.

For everyone else, I think it is blown out of proportion. It is an important exam, of course, but it's not the be all and the end all.

If you've done a fair bit of work over the last 2 years and you are confident you will achieve your points, then Leaving Cert really isn't that bad.

Ye but i need high enough points 465 ... and got 430 in mocks..and personaly am not sure if i will get the points and still dont mind:p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It is blown way out of proportion unless you want to do a course that's in the high 500s or so. There's a bad door into pretty much everything else so unless you completely balls the whole thing up and fail everything you'll be fine. I wanted to do journalism but was never going to get the points for the DCU course. Instead I explored other options and four years later I'm a fully qualified journalist writing for magazines and websites with over three years paid experience.

The LC is obviously important but it's certainly no the be all and end all. All you can do is your best and worry about it later.

• Advertisement

For people that have done nothing for 2 years and have just realised that they may have jeopardised their chances of going to college, the Leaving Cert is extremely stressful

That was me last year.. I had panic attacks like every day.

And now, where am I .. but doing the lc again.

Fun.. :(

But, It really is blown outta proportation.. when i'm sitting the exams, in our lil hall.. it doesnt seem like such a big deal. Just feels like any other summer/christmas exam ive ever taken..

And.. then once its done.. nobody asks about it again.. (well till results) but.. after that.. then people talk about it for.. a week-ish... then its all forgotton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

This should be stickied :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Postman-Layla

This should be stickied :p

+1
    Positive thinking & all that [or something]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 confey121

I know i can repeat if something goes wrong but honestly i really don't think i could ever repeat!!
    Worst, most stressful year EVER :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

Its only stressful for two exams for me cos I need two honours...which I prob got ooh yuss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well I still tihnk its very important, I need it for my course and im not taking that lightly.

But I'm definitely not as nervous as I was before the exmas started.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I do think it is a bit. It's all very "end of your life" for a while, but then you realise it really isn't. My friends and I were discussing today how we've really lost momentum. All last week we were hyped OMG starting the LC and today it was ugh, drag out of bed, this sh!t's getting old really fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

It has always been very hyped, but it isn't even the toughest exam you're gonna do. Exams in college are a lot harder and a lot less hyped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

hmm... well im doin 7 honours subjects- english, irish, maths, art, music, biology, french. TBH was probo the calmest person i no goin in2 da exams.... panicin gets you stressed and you start forgettin lots more stuff!! Dares a lot to be said for positive thinking!! :D Altho on the other hand i mightnt get the points for my course but dares always backdoors!! Anyways still really no point in stressin bout it now IMHO coz its a bit late!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

penguin88 wrote: »
    It has always been very hyped, but it isn't even the toughest exam you're gonna do. Exams in college are a lot harder and a lot less hyped.
    Ya but the advantage of college exams is that its all generally based around one thing
    e.g commerce would be all stuff related to business

you not doing the likes of irish on a monday and biology on a thursday in college.

Advertisement