Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reversing Detectors

Options
  • 09-06-2008 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

We have one of those detectors that bleeps when you reverse. It isn't one that was fitted when we got the car, it is a self fit one. It runs from the lighter socket and you can turn it off. Would I be able to use it when taking my test or do I have to switch it off? Thanks.

Comments

I don't really see why you would need it during the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

the only way i can see it helping is if u were reversing around the corner and tried to straighten up to soon and bumped the curb/kerb how ever you want to spell it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yes you can. But i can't see it helping you very much under test conditions. It wouldn't help with your manoeuvres, at least not as far as i can see....And parking at the end is "usually" straight forward just nose in parking. Just keep in mind that you must still use proper observation as well as the parking sensors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sweetbubbly

The only place it might benefit you is on your turnabout. If they detect the kerb so low down that is. No reason why you couldnt use it. Best of luck with your test.

Advertisement