Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoes online?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

customs are due any item coming from a non EU stats and is charged on the full shipping value of the item so...

item value + shipping = total amount.

that total amount convert to euro then add approx 25-30% to get roughly what you will pay.

yes you can get the customs bill in the post a couple of weeks/months later.

now i have a feeling aldo has a store somewhere in ireland (might be dundrum) i think? perhaps check them out and see is it worth the hassle of ordering them online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Cremo wrote: »
    now i have a feeling aldo has a store somewhere in ireland (might be dundrum) i think? perhaps check them out and see is it worth the hassle of ordering them online.

Yea they do thanks but they were much cheaper online but with all that added probably not!

Thanks for the info and so quick too! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

off topic, i have no clue about charges or customs or anything but those shoes are STUNNING.

fonpokno wrote: »
    off topic, i have no clue about charges or customs or anything but those shoes are STUNNING.

I KNOW!

check these bad boys out...

http://www.aldoshoes.com/eng/storeSection/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/style/productDetails.cfm&itemID=67343497&&var=d&ckey=UK&colorid=62

If they dont say sexy then i dont know what would! :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

would you not be better off ordering from the UK website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

^^^^^^^

Scratch that - Don't think they deliver to RoI!

ps FAB shoes ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Jemmy wrote: »

I'm getting those red shoes - they are divine. I've been watching them for a while now - I'm just wondering if they will be in the summer sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Gordon Bennet why haven't I seen this site before? Gorgeous shoes!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Cremo wrote: »
    customs are due any item coming from a non EU stats and is charged on the full shipping value of the item so...

item value + shipping = total amount.

that total amount convert to euro then add approx 25-30% to get roughly what you will pay.

yes you can get the customs bill in the post a couple of weeks/months later.

That's if you get caught.... I buy loads of stuff fron the states as it works out miles cheaper and i've never had to pay duty. That said, first time my sister ordered anything from the states, she got caught with a bill for duty. It's the luck of the draw, I'd personally risk it for a biscuit!

P.s. Those shoes are fab, they'd be at least €100 here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've bought from http://www.streetmoda.com/ a few times, just recieved 4 pairs of trainers in the post this morning...

Cost me €77 euro for the 4 pairs + €30 for Quick delivery, took them 5 days from Kentucky...

Great value for shoes, never had to pay any duty yet....

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    I'm getting those red shoes - they are divine. I've been watching them for a while now - I'm just wondering if they will be in the summer sale.

I know snap! €100/110 in shop in dundrum! Other colours are on sale on the website! Luv them in pink and yellow too!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭aoife161

ncmc wrote: »
    That's if you get caught.... I buy loads of stuff fron the states as it works out miles cheaper and i've never had to pay duty. That said, first time my sister ordered anything from the states, she got caught with a bill for duty. It's the luck of the draw, I'd personally risk it for a biscuit!

P.s. Those shoes are fab, they'd be at least €100 here.

yeah i agree with this too. Now maybe its getting more strict of late, but i've ordered make up, digital camera, and clothes from the US and never got caught for duty.
    However when I ordered a Mini DV from the far east I did...but it still worked out ALOT cheaper than buying it from a store locally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

would you not just buy them in aldo in blanch centre? you'll be saving yourself a big headache...i'm very pessimistic bout online shoppin...always have to try on before buyin.

on that site from kentuky...were they comfy shoes? good quality?

would you not just buy them in aldo in blanch centre? you'll be saving yourself a big headache...i'm very pessimistic bout online shoppin...always have to try on before buyin.

on that site from kentuky...were they comfy shoes? good quality?

Its all about the price! If is cheaper ill buy online!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

I know this is a REALLY old thread but i had to ask Jemmy did you ever get those shoes delivered to ireland! I am looking for a pair of wedges that they dont have in store and they dont know if they ever will!!! I really want these shoes for a wedding in three weeks so if you were able to get em delivered here it'd be great?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

There's an aldo in Newry in Buttercrane I think, or maybe the Quays. I've gone up with a friend to get shoes there because there such a difference in price!!

If you've got a few things to get or are planning to go up for some other shopping it could be a plan to pick them up there.

We rang them before we left to ask them to hold the sizes!

Edit, did not realise this was so OLD! Sorry!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

thanks for the suggestion but i managed to get the shoes in another branch. i had tried blanchardstown and thought sure they will all stock the same stuff BUT on the off chance i rang grafton st yesterday and they carry a much bigger range so they had what i was looking for so i went straight in and got them yesterday afternoon!!

Advertisement