Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinsale Road Roundabout

Options
  • 09-06-2008 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

I'm doing that Hibernian Ignitian course this week and because it's out by the airport I'm thinking there might be a chance that we might head to the Kinsale Road roundabout. (If anyone knows otherwise please tell me!)

I'm a confident driver, and I will deal with the roundabout, but because I rarely use it I'm a bit confused about the lanes.

Anyone have a quick crash course on what lane to be in when going to town from the airport and going to the airport from town?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Going from the airport to town you should be in either of the two left-hand lanes, probably the further left one as it means you end up in the left-hand lane on the dual carriageway. Same goes for coming the other way.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

they took 3 people that i know through ballygarven and carrigaline because of all the speed changes in the different areas. if you just drive along that back road a few times and take note of the speed limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

dahamsta wrote: »
    Going from the airport to town you should be in either of the two left-hand lanes, probably the further left one as it means you end up in the left-hand lane on the dual carriageway. Same goes for coming the other way.

adam

That's what I thought. Thanks a million.
    chuci wrote: »
    they took 3 people that i know through ballygarven and carrigaline because of all the speed changes in the different areas. if you just drive along that back road a few times and take note of the speed limits.

I'd love if they took me there! Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

chuci wrote: »

same here, I did this course a few years ago and we went through Ballygarvan, Carrigaline and on to Ringaskiddy all via windy back roads...after all that's where most people have accidents and stuff..we didn't go near the good roads!

it's a good course but I noticed lads on the course with me hopping into their little gay boy racer cars and speeding off once it was over...a waste for the ignorant fools of the land.

So coming from the airport the right lane onto the roundabout is for the tunnel etc? My parents use the middle lane so I have in the past too but the markings on the road say the right lane is the one to use.

I sound like I'm stressing over this but I just want to get it right!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If you mean on the approach to the roundabout, rather than on the roundabout itself, then yes.

That's grand so. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement