Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for an engine hoist

Options
  • 09-06-2008 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I'd be able to get my paws on one in the next couple of days? I'll only need it for a week, but I'll buy or rent, whatever's handiest.

1-2 ton rated please :-)

Ta,

Gil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If you are getting an engine crane its worth getting a good make, there is allot of Taiwanese and Chinese made rubbish out there that would break your heart (And your engine block:eek: !)

Some cranes may state 1 Tonne but that may not be the case if the jib is fully out, it may only be quater that. If you are only going to need it for a once off it would worth while just hiring the thing.

There is a special on with a Sealey one at the moment Ashgrove Interparts in Dunlaoghaire are an agent. It may be even worth a trip up north. http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?gotonode=ViewProduct&method=mViewProduct&PromotionID=47378&productid=7836

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Thanks for that - That Sealey one looks just the job, and I know of the brand too.

I'll give Ashgrove a shout tomorrow so. I'll get the use out of one anyway. Would rent one if I can't buy one quickly, just to get going, but would follow up with a purchase anyway....

Ta,

Gil

Advertisement