Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfailry Banned or not???

Options
  • 09-06-2008 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

whilst im new to boards.ie i am not new to bulletin boards in general, so can one of the S or C Mods have a look at this thread and tell me if i was banned unfairly or not.

i have never come accross the like of it before, im not trying to rabble-rouse or rat on people here, i was just enquiring as i was a little bit shocked, especialy as i never received a PM informing me of or explaining the situation.

here is the thread in question,
    thank you:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055307334
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I'm only a registered user, and not a moderator of as high ranks as you would like, but in my opinion, that ban was deserved. maybe, you weren't doing anything too out of the way,but at the same time, the mod was completely fair in warning you, and you chose to ignore it.

The mod undermined you because you were questioning another seller when his intentions were not bad, and he was being honest. Thats thread spoiling imo. If you wanted to complain, you should have taken it to Feedback or PM earlier.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You were told to take it to pm or adverts feedback and you didn't listen. Ban seems quite fair. Not an smod or admin but just throwing in my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Warning not heeded. You coulda just PM'd the mod if you weren't happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

You were told to take it to pm or adverts feedback and you didn't listen. Ban seems quite fair.
    Yah, i would agree with the above statement
    Not an smod or admin but just throwing in my 2c.
    But AC, you're better than any smod! ;)

btw, I've pm'd Lemming of the existence of this thread to have his input as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 llort

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Warning not heeded. You coulda just PM'd the mod if you weren't happy.

why should i PM a mod who in his own words couldnt even be arsed PMing me to advise me of the situation, iv never come across a good mod who has ever taken that position....ever.

iv had a look over his "moderation" of that forum and he does seem to be on a bit of a power trip, not alll of the time but quite frequently.
    swearing at members, typing said swear words in extremely large font, having a my word is la type of attitude is not exactly welcoming to the communtiy.

he then went to the trouble of stalking me in another thread, and posted something deliberately designed to inflame me, yet wasnt bothered PMing me about my infraction:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055288578&page=5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

llort wrote: »
    why should i PM a mod who in his own words couldnt even be arsed PMing me to advise me of the situation, iv never come across a good mod who has ever taken that position....ever.

iv had a look over his "moderation" of that forum and he does seem to be on a bit of a power trip, not alll of the time but quite frequently.
    swearing at members, typing said swear words in extremely large font, having a my word is la type of attitude is not exactly welcoming to the communtiy.

he then went to the trouble of stalking me in another thread, and posted something deliberately designed to inflame me, yet wasnt bothered PMing me about my infraction:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055288578&page=5

Tbh I would never be in that forum so can't really comment on that but if you could find some examples of such actions and stick them in here then it'd definitely help your case.

EDIT: Scratch that, this isn't a thread to discuss his moderation of the forum. Adverts has its own feedback as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

He gave a clear warning. If you want to discuss his moderating decision then pm him or start a thread in adverts feedback. You ignored this so why should he bother pming you (although I still think mods should pm a user when they've banned them).

He doesn't moderate that forum. Outside of the forums they mod, a mod is just a normal user like yourself.

im sorry if this is the wrong forum, i was just advised to ake it to feedback, can a mod movr it please.

anyways i have found the following examples of his un-professionalism and downright pig ignorance:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055299476

Actually, Blazher .... "sale on hold" implies that something was communicated in the background since you never agreed to the sale on the thread before that point. The wording of your post suggests you were waiting for further word back from the poster in question.

I know the f*cking rules. Very well in fact considering I was involved in maintaining the old For-sale forum charter, drafting the current set on adverts.ie and the airsoft specific ones after I pushed for the airsoft adverts forum to be created. How well do you know them? I have said time and again - and you can do a google through the old boards.ie for sale forums too if you like stretching back over the last 4/5 years - that a sale is not agreed on-thread unless we see offer and acceptance first.

There was no jumping the gun. Moderation was carried out by what was written on-thread. Which is where everything is supposed to be f*cking written anyway.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055297670:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055260668&page=3

Read. The. F*cking. Rules.

The Full adverts rules, which are summarised above and linked, can be found here. And I do so suggest you all read them before you turn around and thread-spoil by saying say "You can get 'x' cheaper on ebay', which is why monksavage has just been banned yet again.

If you are going to quote businesses, don't make dishonest quotes by pricing outside of the EU (why should be very obvious). And especially don't quote auction sites like eBay (why should be really f*cking obvious)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055262693
    power tripping

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55426992#post55426992
    excessive swearing

there are loads more like this.

This isn't a profession. Mods don't get pain, we're volunteers. His tone seems aggresive and he is using curses but no one here will get banned for that. Saying that, I still believe we should try to be professional (for want of a better word) to a certain degree but it is by no means a requirement.

What's wrong there? Honestly. Is it the "any infractions will recieve no warning" part? If so, there is no problem there. A moderator is not obliged to give any warning before banning someone. Lemming gave a warning about threadspoiling and it was ignored. This is very frustrating and it's a pain in the ass so he decided to hand out bans instead of warning people who might just ignore him. Seems pretty fair to me.

Nothing wrong there either. People broke the rules, he deleted their posts and left an on thread warning to everyone to stay on topic. I don't think anyone got banned there.

This isn't a profession. Mods don't get pain, we're volunteers. His tone seems aggresive and he is using curses but no one here will get banned for that. Saying that, I still believe we should try to be professional (for want of a better word) to a certain degree.

What's wrong there? Honestly. Is it the "any infractions will recieve no warning" part? If so, there is no problem there. A moderator is not obliged to give any warning before banning someone. Lemming gave a warning about threadspoiling and it was ignored. This is very frustrating and it's a pain in the ass so he decided to hand out bans instead of warning people who might just ignore him. Seems pretty fair to me.

i know you dont get paid and that its also not a profession, but that is no excuse for being unprofessional when so many other mods are,
    i volunteer for a charible organisation, would it be right for me to carry on like that simply because i dont get paid???

fair enough, but why does this place even exist if no action will be taken agains a mod who is out of line?
    also how many seperate complaints against a single mod would it take for action to be taken against them???

• Advertisement

fair enough, but why does this place even exist if no action will be taken agains a mod who is out of line?
    also how many seperate complaints against a single mod would it take for action to be taken against them???

The thing is I wouldn't consider him out of line (remember I'm only a humble mod an admin may disagree with me here). It could only take one complaint, it might not even take a complaint. If an admin thinks a mod is out of line then they'll deal with it regardless of the amount of complaints if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

This isn't a profession. Mods don't get pain, we're volunteers.
    Oh yeah? :D

Not your ornery onager

nevf wrote: »
    But AC, you're better than any smod!

I think you mean all smods.

*runs and hides*
    esel wrote: »
    Oh yeah?

Cloud likes to beat motivate us.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

serious.jpg

Its only 2 weeks from Adverts OP shake it off. Theres a lot of diversity on Boards.ie to occupy you

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Clear warning + ignore = ban

neta8i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

You were warned, you ignored the warning and were banned. Whats the problem?

You obviously do not have a clue how modding a forum as busy as the Airsoft adverts is? And remember all moderators are volunteers and if they do step over the line the admins have and will remove them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

llort; A warning was issued to take it to Feedback or PM. You didnt, so you got banned.

Ban deserved imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

llort, can you respond to the fact you ignored the warning?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Llort, you were banned for taking the thread off-topic and spoiling. I handed out a warning and you chose to ignore it.

Go "fight da powa" somewhere else. You have deliberately and willfully trolled in that thread and elsewhere and my patience for you has reached its limit. Quite frankly you are no loss to the airsoft adverts forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Lemming wrote: »
    You have deliberately and willfully trolled in that thread

So people troll by accident some times?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

look at iiort's location ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Homer

Tigger wrote: »

Roffles.. Only just noticed that.. Sneaky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Tigger wrote: »

It's not iiort tbh, it's llort, as in troll spelled backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Location: Under a bridge, waiting on the Billy Goats Gruff :)

Dunno, they just don't put the effort in sometimes.

Lemming wrote: »
    Llort, you were banned for taking the thread off-topic and spoiling. I handed out a warning and you chose to ignore it.

Go "fight da powa" somewhere else. You have deliberately and willfully trolled in that thread and elsewhere and my patience for you has reached its limit. Quite frankly you are no loss to the airsoft adverts forum

i dont know who you are but you obviously know me from somewhere, so this basically boils down to my skin colour, you racist fúcking cúnt.
    i have half a mind to consult my brief over this ignorant and unashamedly prejudiced "moderator".

would you have the balls to say it to my face or are you just a closet racist?

NO it is actually stands for Leroy Lort, its a west indian name. yet more ignorance here on boards.ie, well at least youre not a mod, i suppose i should be grateful for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

i dont know who you are but you obviously know me from somewhere, so this basically boils down to my skin colour, you racist fúcking cúnt.
    i have half a mind to consult my brief over this ignorant and unashamedly prejudiced "moderator".

would you have the balls to say it to my face or are you just a closet racist?
    Ta ta.
    NO it is actually stands for Leroy Lort, its a west indian name. yet more ignorance here on boards.ie, well at least youre not a mod, i suppose i should be grateful for that.
    Look again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

That was unexpected. wow

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=547&g2_serialNumber=3

Sherifu wrote: »
    Ta ta.

i dont understand that can you explain it to me?

Look again.

oh dear me, looks like i will never get a fair deal here:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Not really unexpected, under a bridge is right.

Speaking as one who has to deal with retarded behaviour on adverts day in day out, I totally understand why Lemming gives short shrift to those who don't bother their arse abiding by the rules.

Idiots like you just perpetuate the cliche.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Also, you misspelled unfairly.

Advertisement