Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what sort of music do i like/listen to

• 09-06-2008 2:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

right , this may sound odd to some of people but here goes.

first off i reckon i like a lot of music full stop. however i was at a party the other night and started chatting to a "dj" and was asking him what sort of music he plays. he started naming all these "genres" and i didn't have a clue what he was on about.

basically i don't know my house from my hard house or my techno or what the f*ck electronic music is any more

think he thought of me as a lesser person and im kinda convinced him and his "dj" mates had a good laugh at me.

at the moment im loving the boys noise mix album along with digitalism and Simian also love the 2 many djs & kitsune mix albums but reckon thats prob a bit of everything.

so without getting too technical (or start an argument) could anyone tell me what music i actually like or what the difference is between them all , some examples would be great?

cheers in advance

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

you like electro house and are a border nu-raver:

l_1f6c34e3d40c244e92578befceeff64a.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

eoinf wrote: »
    right , this may sound odd to some of people but here goes.

first off i reckon i like a lot of music full stop. however i was at a party the other night and started chatting to a "dj" and was asking him what sort of music he plays. he started naming all these "genres" and i didn't have a clue what he was on about.

basically i don't know my house from my hard house or my techno or what the f*ck electronic music is any more

think he thought of me as a lesser person and im kinda convinced him and his "dj" mates had a good laugh at me.

at the moment im loving the boys noise mix album along with digitalism and Simian also love the 2 many djs & kitsune mix albums but reckon thats prob a bit of everything.

so without getting too technical (or start an argument) could anyone tell me what music i actually like or what the difference is between them all , some examples would be great?

cheers in advance

Eoin

I wouldn't be surprised if they were having a laugh at you... there are lots of pretentious t*ts out there! Rise above them though :pac:

Not into this music at all myself but I would imagine it is classed as electro-house or something like that. Best bet would be to look up the artists featured say on the DJ mix you mentioned one by one on something like discogs... you will get an idea then for albums, singles etc released by the same artists. I assume this is the mix you mentioned...

http://www.discogs.com/release/1282352

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Melty wrote: »
    you like electro house and are a border nu-raver:

l_1f6c34e3d40c244e92578befceeff64a.jpg

sweet.

Advertisement