Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for my Dad,In east wall area.please help

Options
  • 09-06-2008 5:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hiya

Im looking for a man called Adrian O Dywer iv been told he should be about 40ish now and living around the east wall area, These are the only details i have, I was also told tat before he moved to eastwall he came from the north,

Iv picked these details up bit by bit of family members because my mother refuses to tell me any thing (or forgets the details !!!!) So they might not be accurate,
    Dose any one know how i could go about finding him?????

Thanks
    Tessy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Presume you mean Adrian O'Dwyer? Doesn't seem to be in phone book....

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Teresa1987

opps ya sorry, i know iv checked, dont know what else to do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Talk to your family again. Talk to friends of your mother. In fairness, it's not really a good idea to be bandying people's names about on the Internet. East Wall is a fairly small area.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I agree, a bit more discretion should be used OP.
    Why not have a look over on the adoption forum? I dont know if this is an adoption issue, but at least you'll probably some info on ways of locating someone.

I dont see how i could use discretion since iv tried everything else and im hoping someone might know the name if i had no name up then i would get no where!!,,for such a small place i dont seem to be getting anywhere no its not an adoption issue so cant get help there and also there is no point in talking to my family because they know as much as i do, apart 4m my mother but there is no point in that.
    Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Talk to friends of your mother. They are not family and may even know the guy.

you see its not like a normal case i only found out by accident by an old letter of the man i thought was my dad and i cant ask him as he died when i was younger, my mother went to dublin when she was younger on her own to work none of her friends now knew her back then and shes not one for close friends that she would tell anything too. To be honest the reason im looking for him is that my mother has me my (half)sisters and her new partner told a big bull story about how she actually got preg, I wont go into it but i know for sure its not true and its caused a family split not to mention sending me abit mad as a teen, the only other person that knows the truth apart from her is him! Other then that i wouldnt even bother looking for him.

I would think long and hard about trying to find him.
    Is he even aware you exist? What do you think finding him will achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

Teresa1987 wrote: »
    opps ya sorry, i know iv checked, dont know what else to do.

Try the electoral register, public document, available in public libraries and main post offices I think

he was with my mother untill she was about six mths preg then something happend and she left dublin and came back to clare, so he knows, the only reason i want to find him is jus for the truth then il leave him alone because he knew where to find me if he wanted to and he didnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

You could try searching a load of different areas using the phone book search on http://www.eircomphonebook.ie/

Advertisement