Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.223 Advice

Options
  • 09-06-2008 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Looking for a .223(but open to suggestions) at the moment and was looking for advice as to what to look for when buying, will be used mainly for foxing but with a bit of target use thrown in as well I hope. Was considering a Remy 700 and would like to know what to pay for one(roughly) and if second hand would be worth considering(anybody selling one or know of one for sale speak up). Finally should I use a suppressor or are they a waste of time as have heard that they arent really that effective on larger rounds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Give Sean a ring he has a good range of 223's in stock and a good range of secondhand rifles in 223. AND best of all you can touch and feel them all :D;)
    My son has a CZ in 223, a good gun, and he has a T8 mod fitted. It DOES reduce the noise a lot big time.

Stakelums Firearms
    Urlingford, Co. Kilkenny
    Sean Harding
    056 8831018

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

The moderator I fitted to my .243 made a significant differance. Noise survey results to follow.

Advertisement