Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hares in garden

Options
  • 09-06-2008 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi

We have discovered a family of hares in the garden and have spotted baby hares who seem to be taking refuge under our deck. Does anyone know if they are harmless or should we try and get rid of them and if so, how? I know they will probably have a good old chew at everything - will we need to put those plastic spiral rabbit guards around all the trees and young hedges?

Any comments appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

If you can put up with the occasional plant loss isn't it great to have nature on your doorstep...
    They're harmless and as far as I know they dont carry anything nasty...

Enjoy them...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I'm a big supporter of the logic of "let them raise this litter and then creature-proof your deck for next season".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I'm a big supporter of the logic of "let them raise this litter and then creature-proof your deck for next season".

A win win situation

Advertisement