Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs Australia- Sat 11am

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sherifu wrote: »
    Picking and choosing. /shakes head

What's the problem? I support both countries due to my dual citizenship. I prefer not to be a fence sitter so when they play each other in rugby I go for Australia. I don't 'pick and choose'. I support Australia every time but I'm 100% behind Ireland when they play anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

God, it'd be like Leinster fans supporting Munster because of nationality.

...*looks to the top of the forum...oh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Xavi6 wrote: »
    What's the problem? I support both countries due to my dual citizenship. I prefer not to be a fence sitter so when they play each other in rugby I go for Australia. I don't 'pick and choose'. I support Australia every time but I'm 100% behind Ireland when they play anyone else.

You were born in aus,spent your whole life in Ireland and moved back to aus,I would say you are Irish tbh

Anything you have learned or experiences in life were all in Ireland.Im not in the situation though,so could be completely wrong but if I was in the situation,that is what I think I would feel.

Do you consider yourself Irish or Australian?

If aus,then fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

nothing to do with rugby. back on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

****IN Mark Robson the commentator ! What an asshole. PADDY WALLACE, everytime he gets the ball the volume goes up because he plays for Ulster. Robson, Ulster are ****e so SHUT UP ! and PLEASE PLEASE learn how to pronounce O'Callaghan !

Rugby isnt "poetic" either you idiot !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Aldini98 wrote: »
    ****IN Mark Robson the commentator ! What an asshole. PADDY WALLACE, everytime he gets the ball the volume goes up because he plays for Ulster. Robson, Ulster are ****e so SHUT UP ! and PLEASE PLEASE learn how to pronounce O'Callaghan !

He actually does that for every Irish player if you bother to listen rather then pick out one individual

Aldini98 wrote: »

Bit harsh,but I agree that he is a very anoying man.His voice is like nail against a blackboard for me.

Still don't quite get how he got a contract with sky sports - drives me mental :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I think he's one of the best rugby commentators out there.

crash_000 wrote: »
    Still don't quite get how he got a contract with sky sports - drives me mental :)

lol.
    If Stuart Barnes, Will Greenwood, and Paul Wallace can get contracts then anyone can.

• Advertisement

jayteecork wrote: »
    I think he's one of the best rugby commentators out there.

How?

He comes out with absolute crap.Saying stupid phrases every time a player gets the ball.

Ollie le roux-"My god,the human sashquash"

Rob kearney-"The aerial baron"

What the hell is that crap.His voice couldnt be more annoying,its an assault on the ears.

One match for setanta sports, he started commenting on the linesmans ass. I mean really.

edit: OH, and can someone tell me when the hell Paul Wallace became landed gentry? He used be fine, but now talks and looks like an absolute muppet on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

dc69 wrote: »

Ollie le roux-"My god,the human sashquash"

Rob kearney-"The aerial baron"

Haha :D I think I've actually heard him use those!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

jayteecork wrote: »
    lol.
    If Stuart Barnes, Will Greenwood, and Paul Wallace can get contracts then anyone can.

As said before Will greenwood is one the best commentators and analysts out there at the moment. Paul Wallace is alright too. Stuart of course is just there for the english really i suppose. I definetly don't like Mark Robson that much either but in saing that i'd prefer to listen to him than that absolute muppet on RTE Ryall Nugent.

**** Paul Wallace.

He has this awful wry grin every time he's making a point which gives the impression that he has some sort of in depth knowledge of the situation that no one else could possess.

Twat.

As for Will Greenwood: The upper class English accent on him alone is enough to put me off.
    to be honest I haven't a clue what his analysis is like because anytime he pops onto the screen I reach for the remote.

I still think Mark Robson makes some entertaining remarks: That Leicseter wing: The Samoan. What's his name Tualigi or something.
    Anyway he goes "He's a bowl of cornflakes under 20 stone"

Make me smile anyway.

Advertisement