Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do you do when you're out of options

Options
  • 09-06-2008 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

we've recently had to move house, after our previous landlord had to sell his house in quite serious conditions, and while we have found a new place, it is much smaller.

Now, all this moaning aside, the important fact is that we have a small cat family at the moment. Our own one year old male, and a stray mother and her 3 children that were delivered to us.

We're trying to get them re-homed, as 1) the house isn't large enough for all of them 2) more importantly, the landlord has said no pets.

Now, the current landlord is dead on, hes not threatening us, but he has asked to rehome them.

My question being, what are my options in Cork if i can't get homes for them?

I know the local animal care society is up the walls. Would they be able to take them?

Is there such a thing as foster homes for cats? People who take cats on to get them re-homed?

We're actually pretty distressed about this, and i know some people might think its daft, but I'm actually losing sleep over the little guys, as i hate the thought of them going to a bad home.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Is there any chance of a compromise? Maybe an outdoor area for them with a box? If you were to promise the landlord they will never be in the building...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

As long as the landlord knows you are doing your best to rehome them for now that should get him out of your hair for a while. It's very difficult to find good homes for any animal so it will take time. If you have some sort of a shed in the garden it could be converted in the mean time mabey. With a little aviary type outside area for them. Also contact the rescues, they might not have a place for them but they might know of someone who can help or they might be able to put the cats up on their website and if anyone in your area is looking for a cat they might point them in your direction.

Also try irishanimals.ie there is a homing section there where you can put photos and info. of the cats to get more views.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kitti-Kat

We've posted on Irishanimals.ie

We've no back yard i'm afraid, its a strange set up, just very, very small porch.

I had wanted to avoid the animal care society since i know they are so backed up, but i think we're going to have little choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

maybe advertise everywhere possible, and check out any potential homes yourself? also, on petsireland, if someone in a different part of Ireland where to offer your kittens a home, someone there may be able to do a home check for you. good luck :) it's a shame you aren't allowed to keep them! landlords can be way too dramatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Kitti-Kat, have u been in touch with the local animal societies? I foster cats and kittens for Drogheda Animal Rescue until they can get them rehomed so I would imagine the Cork ones would have a similiar set-up.

Good Luck and fair play to you for trying so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

You have 5 cats and you moved into a house were you're not allowed to have pets! :mad:

firstly, the house we were living had to be sold in a hurry to pay for the landlords care of his mother who just had a serious and debilitating stroke.

secondly, the mother cat, as mentioned, was delivered up to us by a friend, who found her half starved, and we nursed her and looked after the kittens, and was never part of our longterm plan

Finally, we needed a house in a hurry, and as much as we loved the animals, we need a roof over head

can you park your anger somewhere USEFUL, i.e. not here

are you normally so quick to judge, or you're just blessed by the almighty with full insight into this sitution

Kitti-Kat wrote: »
    blah blah excuse blah

You chose were you live.

never expected to see a troll on this forum

you clearly don't have much going on in your little life, so i'll just file you under sad loser troll and move on

i imagine your mother will deliver your tea to you soon, and you can peer out the window at the real world. once it gets to much for you, just ask your mommy to come and close the curtains for you, and you can go back to sleep in your little jim jams, and dream about being the lord of your tiny little castle.

• Advertisement

so i'll just file you under sad loser troll and move on

Just like you've filed your "5" cats and "Moved on" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Just like you've filed your "5" cats and "Moved on" :rolleyes:
    look antivirus.
    Kitti-Kat the op only asked for help to rehome the cats in her good will and we are trying to help Kitti-Kat.
    theres no need to reply
    You have 5 cats and you moved into a house were you're not allowed to have pets! :mad:
    its not her fault that the landlord said no pets.

Alan Ford wrote: »
    its not her fault that the landlord said no pets.

Look Alan Ford

"It's not my fault the cars I bought was blue"

I'm not going to explain it to you. It's simple she doesn't want the cats any more.

Look Alan Ford

"It's not my fault the cars I bought was blue"

I'm not going to explain it to you. It's simple she doesn't want the cats any more.
    were not talking about your cars mate.
    not just she dosent want the cats look at the op post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

AntiVirus has gone on a little vacation. ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Bond-007 wrote: »
    AntiVirus has gone on a little vacation. ;)

good woman bond ;););) GIRLPOWEEEEER

thanks for all the advice guys

we just got the kittens homed last night, and we should have the mommy homed today

if we're down to one cat, we have a little more lee way:)

we just got the kittens homed last night, and we should have the mommy homed today

thats great to hear you got homes for them.
    good luck with the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

blah ignorant animal rights nutter blah

I fixed your post for you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Well done Kitti Kat, do you have to re-home your own little fella too? That's too bad, I wish you all the best and hope a great home pops up. :)

• Advertisement

we do, and he'll kinda be the hardest to let go of

hes a strange little fella, he's not overly affectionate, but he's used to us, and we're used to him.

i hate to see him go, but truthfully, its not the best house for a cat. Its a terraced house, with no back yard, so his only run space is near a road.

i'd prefer him to go somewhere he has a little more space.

Advertisement