Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Kenny on RTE Radio now

Options
  • 09-06-2008 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Its a right bun fight, there must be 8 characters of the political firmament talking over one another, its quite unlistenable.

Mike.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Pat Kenny on RTE Radio now

Thats unusual alright - normally he is on holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

mike65 wrote: »
    Its a right bun fight, there must be 8 characters of the political firmament talking over one another, its quite unlistenable.

Mike.

Yeah, I'm listening to it as well, it's crazy. Niamh O'Broin from Coir is coming across as an absolute whack-job, but I guess that's standard for her. And Declan Ganly is still coming out with his Commissioner lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The producer needs a slap, how can so many people discussing a heated topic at once be considered good radio never mind enlightening anyone. I imagine many have tuned out or are simply having a dark laugh.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Ah mike, I can't believe I turned on kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

awful stuff, I thought Pat would have handled it better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Missed it but the idea of ten people going at it doesn't strike me as anything other than a playground fight. Marian Finucane handled it better yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

/makes note to check archives

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

> its quite unlistenable.

Same as everyday so ..... ;-)

but I know, you are speaking in relative terms!

Yes, 8-10 people on a debate is pointless. One for each side is the best to manage and for listeners to actually get a chance to hear the opinions on the various points and then to make up their own minds.

Redspider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

redspider wrote: »
    > its quite unlistenable.

Same as everyday so ..... ;-)

but I know, you are speaking in relative terms!

Yes, 8-10 people on a debate is pointless. One for each side is the best to manage and for listeners to actually get a chance to hear the opinions on the various points and then to make up their own minds.

Redspider

Sounds like good radio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

Yeah, I'm listening to it as well, it's crazy. Niamh O'Broin from Coir is coming across as an absolute whack-job, but I guess that's standard for her. And Declan Ganly is still coming out with his Commissioner lies.

having to listen to niamh o broin on the same platform as patricia mc kenna is about as appealing as having a used mop shoved in your face
    how any undecideds can still be unsure after hearing those cackling pair is beyond me

• Advertisement
Advertisement