Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That f*****g saxaphone guy is back

Options
  • 09-06-2008 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The saxaphone guy is back playing his bastardised version of "When the saints go marching in" on Georges St.

I cant concentrate on my work. Its like a furnace in the office today so we have a few windows open. I feel like doing a Michael Douglas in Falling Down on the guy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

gazzer wrote: »
    Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The saxaphone guy is back playing his bastardised version of "When the saints go marching in" on Georges St.

I cant concentrate on my work. Its like a furnace in the office today so we have a few windows open. I feel like doing a Michael Douglas in Falling Down on the guy.

pick up a monitor and drop it on his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

is that the arab(ish) looking fella who also used to be at tesco lr baggot st?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Flich elastic bands at him until he leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I thought it was a trumpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

That annoying bastad, he really has mastered that tune though :p. He was on the sean o casey bridge for about two months solid there a while back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

There used to be a Roma guy playing a trumpet in the George's Street/Drury Street/South William Street area. He can only play two tunes - When the Saints Go Marching In and Happy Birthday and both of them he manages to mangle badly. I used to live in the area and Friday and Saturday nights were a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I remember him. Was out in the Stags Head one night (outside) and he took a fancy to one of the girls in our group and wouldn't go away until we were, shall we say, quite insistant. And he was really making a dogs dinner of Happy Birthday......poor girl was looking at him saying "But its not my birthday" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

He is still there playing his crappy music. It painful to listen to... so out of tune it is unbeliveable. Oh god I so want to go downstairs and kill him..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

The memories :)

What time does he start?

When I was in kings cross for a week of messing, this fella and his girlfriend or wife, would start at 10 in the morning... I would only have been in the door 3hours and it was hot, very hot..

Saxaphone guy is surpassing himself today. He is on his 6th rendition of When the Saints go Marching in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Two weeks ago he was haunting Rathmines, playing outside the Swan Shopping Centre. Loudly. Badly. The same 2 or 3 songs over and over and over again. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

He lives in Crosbie's Yard afaik!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Yeah I heard the cúnt too outside the central bank yesterday. Havent heard him in over 3 months. There was a time before christmas where he was there every single day for an hour at least. Torture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Not sure I know the chap. Although it must be frustrating listening to out of tune music.

There's a man in the house behind us who plays the banjo - sounds really good, bit like having Billy Connolly out there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

cuckoo wrote: »
    Two weeks ago he was haunting Rathmines,

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0609/breaking2.html?via=me

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Mark my words, Dunnes on George street will get robbed soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

ojewriej wrote: »
    http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0609/breaking2.html?via=me

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Mark my words, Dunnes on George street will get robbed soon.

The two raiders are described as being of average build, between 5ft 10in and 6ft in height. They wore blue clothing.

They havnt got a chance with descriptions as good as that!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭emkey

this a-hole lives in my apartment block and he constantly practices (if you can call it even that) on the balcony. at least you all can relax at home...

this a-hole lives in my apartment block and he constantly practices (if you can call it even that) on the balcony. at least you all can relax at home...

@ Emkey.. Oh jesus I would crack up if I had to listen to that at home. How do you cope with it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The romabout is playing a Euphonium. It's like a trumpet but the mouthpiece is positioned such that the instrument is played vertically. Ahem. Awful sounding sh!te. He'd scrubbed up a bit today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

The fecker was outside the Centra in Crumlin there last week, and I was stuck waiting in the barbers- HORROR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

He showed up at about 9am this morning in Rathmines, and is still there as i type this.

New song, over and over and over....:mad::mad::mad:

I never thought i would say this but - i miss the 'saints come marching in'.

edit: as i pressed post 'the saints....' started up! I am all powerful internet user, who alters reality with a keyboard!

Advertisement