Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Somebody to convert vinyl to MP3

• 09-06-2008 11:56am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

i have a load of record that i want to convert to MP3. i know there are programmes out there to do it myself but if course its very time consuming and havent got the time at the minute!

is there anywhere that does this sort of thing?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If it is going to be very time consuming for you it will be also very time consuming for who ever is going to do it for you, ie very expensive! This job can only be done in real time, i.e what ever time it takes to play the record. My advice is to buy a USB turntable (Maplin for under e100) comes with software and do it yourself on a spare computer at some time when your watching TV etc. You will also need a programme to split the tracks. (Not sure if this comes with the USB turntable http://www.yaosoft.com/).

http://www.firebox.com/product/1401/USB-Turntable?src_t=wnp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

did you look for the tracks online.
    find all the ones you can online for download and then rip the rest yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

seannash wrote: »

Have to agree with the post above.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

where would be the best place to start looking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

kceire wrote: »

there's a website called google, i'd start there

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    beatport,traxsource,dj download,itunes,juno

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

How did you get francois to say that? :confused:

Felixdhc wrote: »
    How did you get francois to say that? :confused:
    what.:D:D

i think i know what your talking about:D:D
    maybe i should start laying into him about his smart comment like that fella did to me in the other thread

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

thanks seannash, i will statrt my quest!

i have already tried itunes but its for records that i have been collecting since about 1998, although i stopped it about 2003 as i ran out of time with work and money with buying a house in all!!!

i some old stuff like "the act - something about you", "global grooves", etc etc

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭cono121

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

How many DJ out there would need this sort of service? - i could invest in the proper kit to do it (and do it well - clean the record, ripped from a technics, processed) if there were many wanting it :) - i'd rip and remove pops/crap etc... i also have premium mp3 encoders (not the LAME Enc rubbish) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

ok, this wont infringe (spelling?) on any copyright laws becuase you already own the originals on vinyl.

download emule, its a p2p program, but theres a difference, it has EVERY single dance tune you could imagine in very high quality, example, say, zabiela & fanciulli, no pressure. its a 7 minute song and the mp3 filesize will be about 16 megs, theyre about 320 most of them.

you have to upload aswell as download afaik so i leave the laptop on overnight when downloading a sh1t load of tunes (of course i already have the originals hehe ;) )

but im not joking, i have never searched for a song and not found it, and some of these songs i search for are very rare!!

emule is the dogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

There are *many* tracks on record not on MP3 :) - DJ Die 'Siren' - been looking for 10 years....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if youre going to be downloading them, dont get them from the legit sites. you already own the records, so you can be safe in the knowledge that theyve been paid for already. my suggestion is going for the "free" approach to downloading the tracks, instead of paying for the things twice

itll save you the hassle of ripping, and at the end of the day youre essentially only backing up what you already physically have

once you dont share the mp3s youre ok

Advertisement