Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holland-Italy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pigman II wrote: »
    Interesting how RVN stays honest and doesn't dive for what would have been an easy peno. Then minutes later gets a soft goal like that.

Karma at work.

Aye.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

David Pleat on Luca Toni "he's quite nimble around his feet" master of the English language :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Italy are getting raped.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hollond 2-0

Quality goal.

I focking love the way they are playing.

Lol @ Eamon Dunphy!

Two nil, quality counter attack.

What a great goal.

van Bronckhurst clears off the line, then legs it up the pitch, great ball accross to Kuyt, and the header down was fantastic.

The Euros just came alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

doesnt matter now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

What a break!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I think one of the Dutch players put his hand off to signal offside:D:D

Even when the Dutch players were celebrating, they were looking over at the linesman waiting for him to put up the flag.

The goal means the Italians have to come put and attack more - even more open

As I foooking type it Scheider scores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What a lay off from Kuyt. Legend. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

What a f*cking goal!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Superb cross (but not quit De Boer -> Berkamp in 98), great goal.

More goals please! :)

Whata a difference a Canavarro makes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

:eek::eek: omg the shock..mark this date in your diaries..you were alive when Brady,Dunphy and Giles were proved WRONG

The Italians are rattled.

• Advertisement

Materazzi is good enough to play for Poland.

Should have been goodnight there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Soby wrote: »
    :eek::eek: omg the shock..mark this date in your diaries..you were alive when Brady,Dunphy and Giles were proved WRONG
    If I had known you were going to post that, I wouldn't have come on this thread tonight. :mad:
    </Brady>

RVN 1 on 1 again. Italian defence Dunphy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Good save!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

DesF wrote: »
    Two nil, quality counter attack.

What a great goal.

van Bronckhurst clears off the line, then legs it up the pitch, great ball accross to Kuyt, and the header down was fantastic.

The Euros just came alive.

Couldn't agree more, this has been the best team performance of the Euro's so far (that said it's only a 45 minutes so far).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

If I had known you were going to post that, I wouldn't have come on this thread tonight. :mad:
    </Brady>

i thought you were being serious..thought you were a relative or something defending them..then i saw "Brady" lol:D...
    Gud first half though..cant wait for 2nd:p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

We need to bring on Chiellini for Materazzi, he's being run off the park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What was Dunphy saying? Tight? 0-0? blah blah blah. :p

Cracking goal, Kuyt doing well in the auxillery attacking wide defence role.

Mike.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    We need to bring on Chiellini for Materazzi, he's being run off the park
    Not at all. I want to see Materazzi getting sent off to complete the night.

Apparently the goal is onside

Classic RTE, we rang 2 refs.

Panucci in a coma on the sideline kept him on. :D

Giles and Dunphy back the goal. Chip(py) on his shoulder Brady doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

We were bored to death with Romania-france but i believe we are getting double fan with this game.Holland very good,1st goal...are referees blind or what?Great 2nd goal and this latest chance...wow...3-0 on HT would be a disaster for Italy,great game and deserved lead for Holland,hope italians will play more opened in 2nd half and game will give us more goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

watching the game on danish tv they have a ref on the phone and he says the goal was onside cos the italian player off the pitch(panucci on his ass i think) is technically still on the field of play:eek:

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    Classic RTE, we rang 2 refs.

Panucci in a coma on the sideline kept him on. :D

I'd say all TV stations have match officials on hand if there are contentious decisions like this.

Apart from Sky, who have Andy Gray.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

pogcica wrote: »
    watching the game on danish tv they have a ref on the phone and he says the goal was onside cos the italian player off the pitch(panucci on his ass i think) is technically still on the field of play:eek:

Referee on phone?:eek: How the hell is that possible during the game,even if its HT???

Referee on phone?:eek: How the hell is that possible during the game,even if its HT???

A ref, not THE ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

pogcica wrote: »

Same here on German TV, new rule or something :eek: Even though the Italian player was off the field he was still playing Van Nistleroy onside, who came up with that one :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i think it was a solid goal. especially when you see Panucci suddenly get better when the goal is given. Also the reason the rule is like that is so a defending player cannot just step off the pitch and make an attacker off side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jebus they are still on about it (and will be for an hour after the game too if it finishes 2-1) the rule is simple - if you are alive and on the green bit - you are in play! :pac:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Oh look, the panel, the so called "experts" didn't know the ruling. If the player is off the pitch, then the effectively no player can be offside once they aren't passed the goalkeeper (presuming he's the furtherest back). The player off the pitch is considered to be on the endline.

Thats common knowledge, ffs...all the players are aware of it, if they have got their head screwed on. Otherwise the defenders could just step off the pitch to play offside sure. Not surprised Ray Houghton didn't know anyways.

When did the rule change?

Did mischievous Sepp manage to push it thru a FIFA committee just in time for this game :confused:

Marco is getting raped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I wonder is the ruling something to do with having to get the refs permission to leave the pitch so if you're off it without permission your still in play (in the eyes of the officals).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Oh look, the panel, the so called "experts" didn't know the ruling. If the player is off the pitch, then the effectively no player can be offside once they aren't passed the goalkeeper (presuming he's the furtherest back). The player off the pitch is considered to be on the endline.

Thats common knowledge, ffs...all the players are aware of it, if they have got their head screwed on. Otherwise the defenders could just step off the pitch to play offside sure. Not surprised Ray Houghton didn't know anyways.

That should be the rules but is it definitely the rule?

Zambrotta should have squared that ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I didn't know of this rule until today.

Not sure who was off the pitch, but Bufon took him out, was not like he stepped off the pitch. Little harsh imo

And Materrazi is off !

Well, subbed off.

Matarazzi is off. About time.

• Advertisement

Football has no "rules" lads, they are called "Laws", and like judges, the ref's job is to interpret the laws as he sees fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

even dirk kuyt looks good..... (in a footballing sense!!:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

staker wrote: »
    even dirk kuyt looks good..... (in a footballing sense!!:rolleyes:)

He's a quality right sided midfielder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Trilla wrote: »
    That should be the rules but is it definitely the rule?

It is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    It is.

Any good links to the rules/laws?

• Advertisement
Advertisement