Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Romania-France

• 09-06-2008 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

Romanians really wasnt lucky with drawing,they are in big mess in this group.I dont give them much chances in this concurrence but that definitly doesnt mean they are bad team,they can be possible surprise and mess plans to these 3 other teams in group.France looking good and they know game against Romania is 3 points they need to won if they want 2 places that lead in next round.I expect victory with 1 goal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Let's go Grance!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Grance ftw!!!!!!!1

But seriously, Romania \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Ahahahaha,Jesus i saw i made a mistake,please someone edit this Grance thing:D

I have an accumulator on. I think Romania will take Franc tonight in what will be the best game of the tournament so far.

Well Romanians are good and in this group probably everyone thinks comparing to other teams Romania will be piece of cake to play against,thats why i think thats way for Romania to make some surprise

• Advertisement

Whats their style of play like? I know their results and some players, but I have no idea how they actually play.

I have no idea either,but their clubs were very successful in european competitions last 2 years,we are having them together with France in group for World Cup qualifications....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

France and Greece have merged to become one UBERFUSSBALLTUNG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

So who got Grance in the sweepstake? I appear to be supporting their evil twin.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    So who got Grance in the sweepstake? I appear to be supporting their evil twin.

emXavi2

• Advertisement

I predict Shiitaly and Romania to get out of this group so Im sticking with that. Fickle Grance may well lose tonight. Romanaia are my dark horse, they poo'd on Holland in qualifying.

Stop with disturbing Grance,those guys are qualified and deserved to play,not fair to joke about their name,they are better than original team:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

All i know is normally Romania play Chivu in midfield, whereas he'd normally be in defence for his club. Plus Mutu has had a good season at Fiorentina.

I expect Grance will edge it 2-1. One from Henry, the other from Basinas.

SofaK wrote: »
    All i know is normally Romania play Chivu in midfield, whereas he'd normally be in defence for his club. Plus Mutu has had a good season at Fiorentina.

I expect Grance will edge it 2-1. One from Henry, the other from Basinas.

Basinas?:confused:

I jest :)

Ribery will get the other I reckon.

Well this is good chance for me to see our oponents in WC qualifications,hope they will both suck:D
    But hard to believe it....:(
    I will support Romania anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'd say Romania to edge it 1-0. Grance didn't impress me to much in qualification and any team that loses at home to Scotland is more than capable of having an off day. I also think that France were lucky in a way in the World Cup that Zizou just hit a vein of red hot form for three games. They were very poor in the group.

As for Romania, Chivu and Mutu more than offer a threat at set plays which is where I think their goals will come from, (I'm plugging for a 1-0 Romania) and they have shown in qualification that they can take the big guns down and don't fear the reaper/big name teams. If they can sustain they're group form they'll get through and 50/1 for the tournament is big value

OMG what i did,it seems noone in Ireland will say France anymore:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Its hard to predict this group of gdeath. Grance have a better chance on gpaper than Gromania, but Gromania are ghandy too. Gitaly and Golland will be at it later this gevening, and gagain, this is a difficult one to gredict.

I'll go for a gdraw.

ps: another 'common France typo is Trance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I really dont think Romania are that much of an outsider in that group.
    People seem to be forgetting that they were in Holland's Group for Qualifying and beat them twice, topping the group with Holland only coming in Second...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

OMG what i did,it seems noone in Ireland will say France anymore:D

will say whatnow?

For this tournament i think a lot rests on if Nasri can sink or swim. They have everything else in spades. All they need is that link man AMC to bring it all together, like Zidane did. Nasri looks like he could be that guy, but we'll have to wait and see. Come on Grance!

Is gNasri really going to start? I was under the impression he barley got his game for gMarseille

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Is gNasri really going to start? I was under the impression he barley got his game for gMarseille

started 33 games last season.

My main point though, is if you look at Grances squad, they have the defence, they have the strikers and they have the wingers. All they're potentially lacking is a link man in midfield. Besides Nasri, every other midfielder they have is defensive. Toulalan, Vieira, Makelele and Diarra. So in that respect i think while they'd be ok with 2 solid midfielders, Nasri is the only option they have to bring everything together more. Could see him used from the bench for the first few games to change things up and see how he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Going to be a very very dull game.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    started 33 games last season.

My main point though, is if you look at Grances squad, they have the defence, they have the strikers and they have the wingers. All they're potentially lacking is a link man in midfield. Besides Nasri, every other midfielder they have is defensive. Toulalan, Vieira, Makelele and Diarra. So in that respect i think while they'd be ok with 2 solid midfielders, Nasri is the only option they have to bring everything together more. Could see him used from the bench for the first few games to change things up and see how he does.

Aren't you forgetting Ribéry and, to a lesser extent, Malouda?

Yeh, France typically don't play with a linkman anymore (hard to replace Zizou).

4-4-2 with 2 DMs, 2 strikers and 2 out and out wingers.

Aren't you forgetting Ribéry and, to a lesser extent, Malouda?

no...in the bit you quoted i said "they have the defence, they have the strikers and they have the wingers".

What they lack is a central playmaker putting everything together, giving the ball to the wingers, following centrally, receiving again and passing again to either wingers or forwards. Otherwise your wingers have to do a lot of work from deep with little support in the middle which causes the forwards themselves to come deep to receive.

As was just said above, they've been playign with 2 DM's and no attacking midfielder since zidane left. Just think if Nasri performed he could turn them from a decent solid team into something more fluid. Just an interesting one to see how he does when he gets his chance.

While Nasri is the great Kabyle hope to fill Zishou's of the monk, Ribéry has the skill and the experience to play in that rôle, and has to good effect before, but you'd be depending on Domenech picking an attacking team.

While Nasri is the great Kabyle hope to fill Zishou's of the monk,

I'm sorry, but what the hell does this sentence mean?

• Advertisement

Kaboul and Zidane?

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I agree with Rebel, I think Nasri will certainly become one of Grance's most important players, because he's the only player of his type they have. Dunno if he will get the chance to break through in this tournament though. With Zidane at his peak, this team could be amazing in a few years! (though I suppose Zidane had a few decent players playing with him in his time too..)

Anyway I think Romania have a chance tonight, moreso than they will against Italy, but Grance do have it in them to run away with it, as well as the ability to frind out a 1-0.

DesF wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but what the hell does this sentence mean?

It's like a 'great white hope' only North African. And Zidane was called the monk 'cause of his barnet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Anyone know what time the team lists are released for this game?

[ 4-3-2-1 ] [ 4-2-2-2 ]

Bogdan Lobont Grégory Coupet
    Cosmin Contra Willy Sagnol
    Gabriel Tamas Lilian Thuram
    Dorin Goian William Gallas
    Razvan Rat Eric Abidal
    Paul Constantin Codrea Jérémy Toulalan
    Mirel Matei Radoi Claude Makelele
    Cristian Chivu Franck Ribery
    Florentin Petre Florent Malouda
    Adrian Mutu Thierry Henry
    Daniel Gheorghe Niculae Karim Benzema

From Livescore, sorry bout the terrible pasting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Bubs101 wrote: »
    [ 4-3-2-1 ] [ 4-2-2-2 ]

Bogdan Lobont Grégory Coupet
    Cosmin Contra Willy Sagnol
    Gabriel Tamas Lilian Thuram
    Dorin Goian William Gallas
    Razvan Rat Eric Abidal
    Paul Constantin Codrea Jérémy Toulalan
    Mirel Matei Radoi Claude Makelele
    Cristian Chivu Franck Ribery
    Florentin Petre Florent Malouda
    Adrian Mutu Thierry Henry
    Daniel Gheorghe Niculae Karim Benzema

From Livescore, sorry bout the terrible pasting

Hmmmmm I dont think I trust those line ups Bubs, Livescore have full teams listed for the Italy-Holland game later as well. I reckon that might be their estimate of the teams

Eurosport have a slightly different expected lineup for Romania: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/euro-2008/2008/romania-france-220861.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

benzima and anelka upfront. gallas ribery makelele malouda also starting. delighted benzima is starting hes really exciting player and maybe a permiership player next season? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

France: Gregory Coupet, Eric Abidal, William Gallas, Willy Sagnol, Lilian Thuram, Claude Makelele, Franck Ribery, Jeremy Toulalan, Florent Malouda, Nicolas Anelka, Karim Benzema.

Romania:
    Bogdan Lonut Lobont, Cosmin Marius Contra, Dorin Goian, Razvan Rat, Gabriel Tamas, Mirel Matei Radoi, Cristian Chivu, Razvan Cocis, Adrian Mutu, Daniel Niculae, Banel Nicolita.

Dunphy is looking fantastic...:D

and talking a lot of sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Expected to see Gomis to replace Henry.

Domenech must be crazy not to have Arsenal's two fliers Sagna and Clichy in the sqaud, Clichy must be the quickest/ fittest full back in the world..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I think Romania want some marshmallows for their camping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Wow, Romania have to be the most boring team I have ever seen.

They nearly make Greece look like Brazil lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I very nearly slept through the last 20 mins in the front room sun.

Good to see Marcel give the side socks at halftime.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

A draw is all we want. \o/

OMG a shot on target, I've money on Mutu anyways to score first, so hopefully that happens anyways :)
    I say Romania to sneak this if anyone scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Get Nasri and Gomis on ya Grench bastids! Liven it up a little ffs

Have to say I've been impressed with Romania, they will sneak through this group IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Smegball wrote: »
    Have to say I've been impressed with Romania, they will sneak through this group IMO.

Maybe if it literally turns into the group of death and the other 3 teams die.

Domonech obviously isnt a Chelsea tv subscriber. WTF is he at starting with Anelka?

Grance are muck, having said that , they will most likely nick it 1-0. Abidal or Ribery with the goal please.

They're going to have to cop themselves on for the next 2 games. Cheese eating surrender monkeys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement