Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Romania-France

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Neither team will score.

Another Draw tonight and Romania will be in a decent position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

This is terrible stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jesus that was terrible. Not one Grench player near that corner. FFS the Romanians had to jump with each other to make it look interesting.

They dont seem overly bothered about challenging for the ball. All just smacks of "meh" with a side order of Gallic shugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Jesus, think I nodded off there for a minute. Did I miss anything?? :D

DCC160 wrote: »
    Jesus, think I nodded off there for a minute. Did I miss anything?? :D

No, no you did not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Domenech once again proving his brilliance.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Once again, Domenech is shown up to be a very very bad manager. He doesn't have a breeze. They're rubbish. Since he's taken over they've never taken a qualifiers or tournament and done well. Don't care about the World Cup two years ago, they were poor until Zidane turned it on for the three games up to the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

one word

poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

wonder if he is any good on FM.

Boo urns, change the title back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Thank God it's over. Roll on Holland-Italy.

Liam Brady with a Lee Dixon comment there, and Dunphy gettin an lick of his choco highway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Hurrah for the Romanians - good for them.

Agree with Dommench being an utter tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

DesF wrote: »
    Neither team will score.

Another Draw tonight and Romania will be in a decent position.
    Aye, would be good for them, they could sneak outta the group with 4/5 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

For all those people who like to laugh at other peoples mis-fortunes......A guy I work with has just lost out on winning €3600 cause of that result!

kmart6 wrote: »
    For all those people who like to laugh at other peoples mis-fortunes......A guy I work with has just lost out on winning €3600 cause of that result!

:eek: poor focker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Why the hell is Abidal playing and not Evra? Abidal was a disaster for Barcelona this season, whereas Evra is one of the best left-backs in the world right now.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Aye, would be good for them, they could sneak outta the group with 4/5 points.
    Not much point though if they'd just get murdered after the group stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Why the hell is Abidal playing and not Evra? Abidal was a disaster for Barcelona this season, whereas Evra is one of the best left-backs in the world right now.

The same reason that Gobis was there ahead of Trezeguet and the same reason that Thuram was there ahead of Sagna and the same reason that Barthez started ahead of Coupet in the World Cup. Domenech is a fool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I dont think france will qualify after that performance

:eek:

Talk about throwing money away. France have been in dire form for nearly a decade now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:eek:

Talk about throwing money away. France have been in dire form for nearly a decade now.

A decade ago they won the WC, then won the Euros 2 years later.

You might want to re-think that statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Hey give the people Grance back they love it:D

Anyway the most boring game so far on tournament,France really doesnt look impressive and Romania is ok,draw is fair.With a draw in another game today Romanians can get chance to fight for one of 2 places that leads in 1/4 final.Expected playing of them but French played bad,they looked like they dont wish to win and they are happy with a draw from the beggining,poor of them,we will see what they will offer in next 2 games,but so far i dont see them going through

DesF wrote: »
    A decade ago they won the WC, then won the Euros 2 years later.

You might want to re-think that statement.
    I did say nearly a decade.

They went off the boil after they won the Euro's.

Not much point though if they'd just get murdered after the group stage!
    Would you say the same if it was Ireland? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

why no henry? Injury or idiocy? Gomis did nothin for me..

Would you say the same if it was Ireland? :)
    God yeah! Ireland team would have no chance in that tournament!

After the group stages it's tight enough and I wouldn't think they'd get murdered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Henry is injured.

Evra would've ripped Contra to shreds if he were playing. I guess he's just doesn't have the right starsign for Domenech to consider him. :confused:

• Advertisement

After the group stages it's tight enough and I wouldn't think they'd get murdered.
    Well unless this game end's in a draw I'd say you can forget bout them getting through!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm not sure if it has been said already but I can't believe Abidal gets into the French team ahead of Evra or Clichy. Does Domenech not watch Man Utd and Arsenal play or something?

Malouda's performance also was very poor. His Chelsea form seems to have followed him to Euro 2008. I think he took on the Romanian right-back once in the whole game. All in all the French didn't seem at all concerned as time was running out for them. Their game with Italy will be vital for both teams especially given the performance that the Italians have just produced against Holland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

One thing. That was not what I was expecting from Romania. I thought they were going to be a team with great technique and beautiful passing...they are from an attacking point of view a worthless team.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

malice_ wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it has been said already but I can't believe Abidal gets into the French team ahead of Evra or Clichy. Does Domenech not watch Man Utd and Arsenal play or something?

Well Clichy is a Leo, and according to Domenech "When I have got a Leo in defence, I've always got my gun ready. I know he's going to want to show off at one moment or another and cost us." So i mean that's fair enough, perfectly logical criteria to help pick your teams:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

**** sake... having seen the others in the group tonight you'd have to say that if France had anything close to a decent manager they'd be firm favourites for the cup. i've compiled a list of all the crap i think he's done;
    • how the **** is Toulalan in the squad ahead of Flamini, never mind starting? he's a donkey. offers nothing defensively nor attacking.
    • Anelka in the squad ahead of Trezequet? again wtf?
    • playing two holding midfielders against possibly the most defensive side you will see in the tournament (more negative than Austria!)? surely someone like Nasri should be in there...
    • Abidal? ahead of both Evra and Clichy? the man's borderline insane!
    • An injured Vieira preferred to a fit Flamini? Vieira is probably the worst member of the French squad these days. sad, but true.
    • Gomis? he's better than Trezeguet? how?
    • taking of Benzema. the only player who was actually looking to get a result out of the game and who looked capable of doing it. madness....
    • Malouda. why is he in the squad? he's been awful this year. someone like Nasri, Evra or henry even would be better on the left.
    • Sagnol? that guy still plays football? where is Sagna?
    • Thuram. he looked past it 4 years ago. surely they have someone better?

anyone got anything else to add?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

playa3 wrote: »
    Well Clichy is a Leo, and according to Domenech "When I have got a Leo in defence, I've always got my gun ready. I know he's going to want to show off at one moment or another and cost us." So i mean that's fair enough, perfectly logical criteria to help pick your teams:rolleyes:
    Well he is French after all so who knows, maybe that makes perfect sense to him :)
    I'm not sure, maybe an Arsenal fan will clarify but I've a feeling Sagna has been injured for quite a while. He hasn't featured for Arsenal for ages.

Given Domenech's issues with Trezeguet, I would have taken Cissé instead of Gomis but that's based on sympathy for his leg break just before the World Cup in 2006, I'm not sure how his goal scoring record compares with Gomis.

The two holding midfielders might have been okay to start with but given how negative the Romanians were playing at least one of them should have been taken off by the latest at half time.

malice_ wrote: »
    I'm not sure, maybe an Arsenal fan will clarify but I've a feeling Sagna has been injured for quite a while. He hasn't featured for Arsenal for ages.

he missed the last four or five games of the season with a relatively minor injury, but would have been bit for the EUROs if Domenech included him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I did say nearly a decade.

They went off the boil after they won the Euro's.

Apart from nearly winning the World Cup two years ago of course...

Apart from nearly winning the World Cup two years ago of course...

more to do with the heroics of Zidane than anything else. the rest of the team never looked up to much. I think that's why they are struggling so badly these days, almost all of the current squad seems to look to someone else to do the creative work. Makelele was the only one in midfield yesterday with a bit of confidence on the ball, which was bizarre...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

**** sake... having seen the others in the group tonight you'd have to say that if France had anything close to a decent manager they'd be firm favourites for the cup. i've compiled a list of all the crap i think he's done;
    • how the **** is Toulalan in the squad ahead of Flamini, never mind starting? he's a donkey. offers nothing defensively nor attacking.
    • Anelka in the squad ahead of Trezequet? again wtf?
    • playing two holding midfielders against possibly the most defensive side you will see in the tournament (more negative than Austria!)? surely someone like Nasri should be in there...
    • Abidal? ahead of both Evra and Clichy? the man's borderline insane!
    • An injured Vieira preferred to a fit Flamini? Vieira is probably the worst member of the French squad these days. sad, but true.
    • Gomis? he's better than Trezeguet? how?
    • taking of Benzema. the only player who was actually looking to get a result out of the game and who looked capable of doing it. madness....
    • Malouda. why is he in the squad? he's been awful this year. someone like Nasri, Evra or henry even would be better on the left.
    • Sagnol? that guy still plays football? where is Sagna?
    • Thuram. he looked past it 4 years ago. surely they have someone better?

They do Mexes
    but the manager is his wisdom has never started him in a competitive game

They do Mexes

that's him, knew i was forgetting a big name. he's NEVER started a competitive game for Domenech you say? ****in' hell... that puts the FAI in a good light really.

still, the more i think about it, the more I'm certain France would win the damn thing at a stroll if they had a decent manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

that's him, knew i was forgetting a big name. he's NEVER started a competitive game for Domenech you say? ****in' hell... that puts the FAI in a good light really.

still, the more i think about it, the more I'm certain France would win the damn thing at a stroll if they had a decent manager.

AFAIK wiki doesnt have stats for which games e played in but he only has 8 caps and I remember reading somewhere about not starting a competitive game.
    Crazy on the back of a good season for roma not to be included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

AFAIK wiki doesnt have stats for which games e played in but he only has 8 caps and I remember reading somewhere about not starting a competitive game.
    Crazy on the back of a good season for roma not to be included

especially when Boumsong is!

Beginning to think Domenech is a double agent doing everything in his power to make Grance crumble from the inside!

Advertisement