Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Corrolla

Options
  • 09-06-2008 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi All

Can someone explain to me the difference between the corrolla - Strata, Luna and Terra?
    I've tried search the web but found no specific difference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Terra is the basic model - electric front windows, electric windows, cd player, central locking.

Strata - On top of Terra equipment - different seat fabric, stereo remote steering wheel controls, alloy wheels, front fog lights and additional body side skirts.

Luna - On top of the others - Electric windows front & back, remote central locking, 1 zone climate controlled air conditioning, titanium inserts in the centre console & doors, upgraded seat fabric and traction control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Think of it like this...

Terra = Ground = Basic spec
    Strata = Sky = Higher spec
    Luna = Moon = Even Higher spec

The higher up you are the more spec :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Think of it like this...

Terra = Ground = Basic spec
    Strata = Sky = Higher spec
    Luna = Moon = Even Higher spec

The higher up you are the more spec :p

Very good. My take on this is:-

Terra = Bottom spec. Often driven by couples called Terry and Erica. Bottom feeders.

Strata = Social climbers. Will pay mildly statospheric prices for very little prestige.

Luna = Spacemen and women. Often referred to as Lunatics :D

p.s. Sorry Colm ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

bazz26 wrote: »

Luna - titanium inserts in the centre console & doors

A Corolla with titanium inserts, what a laugh! Tartan seats would be more appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

A Corolla with titanium inserts, what a laugh!

Sideskirts and traction control? A pipe lighter and hat rack would be more useful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I like your style Mr Zube.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A Corolla with titanium inserts, what a laugh! Tartan seats would be more appropriate.

Indeed, its almost as laughable as an Audi with rear windup windows. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

very Good. My Take On This Is:-

Terra = Bottom Spec. Often Driven By Couples Called Terry And Erica. Bottom Feeders.

Strata = Social Climbers. Will Pay Mildly Statospheric Prices For Very Little Prestige.

Luna = Spacemen And Women. Often Referred To As Lunatics :d

P.s. Sorry Colm ;)

:d :d :d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 killerqueen

LOL what have I started

Many thanks for the update though at last it makes sense
    :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

corollas must be the most boring cars ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

There is a spec level known as the Linea Ecu but i havent seen any info on it.
    The range topper for the saloon is the Luxel which is 4 wheel drive, leather interior, sat nav, chrome window surrounds and window ledges, reverse camera, power door mirrors etc. Makes the Linea range 3rd world.
    3473.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Post July, Toyota will be replacing the Luna, Strata, Terra models with a new lineup:

Corolla Bifocal: comes with tartan seats, sheepskin steering wheel cover and a CD player with a Daniel O'Donnell collection welded into it.

Corolla Trifocal: hatrack, heated slippers and a drivers dentures-glass-holder.

Corolla Varifocal: walnut-effect veneer, buttoned leatherette seats, luxury rear shelf nodding dog and a 6 CD player with 6 Daniel O'Donnel discs welded into it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

Zube wrote: »
    Post July, Toyota will be replacing the Luna, Strata, Terra models with a new lineup:

Corolla Bifocal: comes with tartan seats, sheepskin steering wheel cover and a CD player with a Daniel O'Donnell collection welded into it.

Corolla Trifocal: hatrack, heated slippers and a drivers dentures-glass-holder.

Corolla Varifocal: walnut-effect veneer, buttoned leatherette seats, luxury rear shelf nodding dog and a 6 CD player with 6 Daniel O'Donnel discs welded into it.

i can confirm this too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Not trying to upset you guys but I once spoke to a guy working for the AA and asked him what cars would break down the most. He said he was not allowed to answer that so I tried another question. What cars would you recommend-He replied "I'm at this 4 years and I have NOT had a call out to a TOYOTA yet"

Not the best looking cars on the market but can't fault their reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

What year. That will make a spec difference.

Also Luna hatchbacks were better specced than their saloon counterparts in the previous model.

Details on new ones available on the Toyota website by downloading the brochure.

The previous generation 5 door hatch could be available in any spec including the Sol, whereas the rest of the range, excluding the Verso, was very limited in spec and engines. Estate wasnt available as luna or strata. saloon only terra/luna and I.4 petrol or D4D. toyota could have marketed all the range in all specs and bodystyles if ford was offering focus ghia or titanium in all body styles.

Linea mitsuoka :D

img4_20080205_17421166_2_l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I take it you've never heard of the Nissan Micra:D:D

Advertisement