Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delta now using a 757 on the DUB-JFK route?

Options
  • 09-06-2008 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

Just noticed that delta seemed to have replaced the 767-300 on the route at the moment with a 757! Hope they've switched back to the time I fly next month. Anyone know why this is? Thought this would be the busy period and need a 767

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

I don't know why but they have been using this plane for months now. I flew from Orlando to JFK to Dublin last october on a Delta 757. So if they have been using it this long i'd say chances are you'll be on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

I think it depends on the day as tomorrows JFK flight is scheduled to be a B767 & Saturdays was a B767 on the JFK route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

was hoping it would be a 767, seat map is listed as such for Jul25th but we'll wait and see. On continentals 757 back so was hoping for the full run of a 767, 757, 737 and a CR100

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Continental has been a 757 for the last 2 years straight, with the odd 762

all Delta SNN services now 752

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Cramped! I hate narrow bodies for a long haul flight :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

I don't know why but they have been using this plane for months now. I flew from Orlando to JFK to Dublin last october on a Delta 757. So if they have been using it this long i'd say chances are you'll be on one.

Was it uncomfortable? In comparison to wide-body craft...

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Fabio wrote: »
    Was it uncomfortable? In comparison to wide-body craft...

Not really but I had three seats to myself so it might not have been the worst trip. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The 757 is one of my favourite aircraft, but in the config is operated across the pond its just horrible!! Plus it does not fly through bad weather the best- Sitting at the very back during turbulence is like being on a see-saw!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

I'm over 6ft so always want to wander around a bit and stand somewhere vacant for 10 mins every now and then. Plenty of room for this on 747, 777, 767 or A380 but jesus the one time I flew long haul on a 757 i was very unhappy. Just nowhere to go really, they're just like a streched 737 as regards space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

just back from america, had a 757 from SNN to JFK -space wasnt best but I wasnt too bothered as I was out of Ireland for a while! But on my way back on Friday the bloody yoke had to have been the most uncomfortable thing I have ever been on! plus the fact that the flights were delayed in SNN outbound for over 2 hours when everyone was onboard, missed connecting flight, then on way back stuck onboard for over 1/2 hour cos no1 was available to open doors-WTF! and to top it all off the flight was once again delayed on the way back with everyone onboard from 9.20 to about 11.20 then told we needed to switch planes which in the end we departed JFK at 1 in the morning to Ireland. Oh well, lucky I dont fly much!;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement