Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tonights group of death

• 09-06-2008 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

holland v italy
    romania v france

fancy an italy win after reading this lads.
    france not to sure . should be strong enough but looked tired in the friendlys and lost some drew some games that were certs.

read here http://goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=727856

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

Romania Are The Team To Come Out Of Group Of Death.............u People Only Look One Way , If U Look The Other Way U Will See That Romania Topped There Group, Are In Great Form At The Moment, Mutu Is Back To His Best, Hes Switched To Pepsi Now!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

Romania Are The Team To Come Out Of Group Of Death.............u People Only Look One Way , If U Look The Other Way U Will See That Romania Topped There Group, Are In Great Form At The Moment, Mutu Is Back To His Best, Hes Switched To Pepsi Now!!!!!!!!

Take caps lock off!

Fancy 2 draws for this. Romania have been impressive lately and they will hold their own against France. As for Netherland vs Italy, it's another tough one to call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

France and Holland both to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

all the games so far went as forseen . tonight may be the one to go egg shaped
    well i done france and italy in a 50e double so let it ride ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

As much as I love Italy a defencive partnership of Matterazzi and Barzagli scares me. Considering how bad Holland's defence is overs is a cert unless Buffon and Van der Sar have blinders

• Advertisement

300 Win On Romania At 100/30 , So 1k Profit..... Iwill Bleach My Hair If They Win:d:d:d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

300 Win On Romania At 100/30 , So 1k Profit..... Iwill Bleach My Hair If They Win:d:d:d

Ok, thats quite the optimistic bet to say the least.
    France have an unbelievable defensive record, something like 70% of all their
    games have clean sheets going back 10 years.
    Granted they are not the team they were but i think Benzema will have an
    unreal tournament and i cant see Romania scoring
    €20 on france at 5-6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Bubs101 wrote: »
    As much as I love Italy a defencive partnership of Matterazzi and Barzagli scares me. Considering how bad Holland's defence is overs is a cert unless Buffon and Van der Sar have blinders

What odds would you be looking for on over 2.5? Currently 3 is being offered on Betfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Something tells me the Italians will know a way to shut the Dutch attack up while Toni takes advantage of the Dutch back line.

I don't trust the French much at all for this tournament. It could end up the first 0-0 of the tournament.

As for the unders/overs every game so far has gone under. Will the trend continue? The exchanges seem to think so. Perhaps anticipating two low scoring tight games. First game of the group/can't afford to lose first game type of mentality that seems to be out there. Especially in this group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

Why take 100/30 when its freely available on Betfair at 9/2. You’re throwing away 350 euro (if they win)….crazy IMO

• Advertisement

all i will say is to ds is SCOTLAND in there own back yard,,,,,.....I THANK u

homah_7ft wrote: »
    What odds would you be looking for on over 2.5? Currently 3 is being offered on Betfair.

that's seriously worth taking.

Holland conceded three against Austria FFS and Italy's defence is no longer

Grosso- Nesta- Cannavaro- Zambrotta
    but
    Zambrotta - Barzagli - Matterazzi - Panucci

I know which one I'd prefer to be facing. Also, keep in mind just how good the forwards are for both teams, I would have had the odds at around evens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

I fancy Romania to get a result. Fair balls lad, 100/30, with 300 stake. You'll pull it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

that's seriously worth taking.

Holland conceded three against Austria FFS and Italy's defence is no longer

Grosso- Nesta- Cannavaro- Zambrotta
    but
    Zambrotta - Barzagli - Matterazzi - Panucci

I know which one I'd prefer to be facing. Also, keep in mind just how good the forwards are for both teams, I would have had the odds at around evens

Holland conceded three against Austria in a friendly,but in their qualifying group they only conceded 3 in total or something similar. I think it'll be a tense match tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

God Romania were pathetic. The French not much better. The Dutch and Italians should take the wins against Romania. Poor Italians not looking in good shape right now though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I don't know what the delay is for me watching in America but I'm pretty tilted - I fired it up to bet for a ton on the Dutch and it came up market suspended, then I see the goal a few seconds later; the Dutch are still on top and I click to bet a ton on the Dutch to be the next scorer...market suspended, a few seconds later I see the goal, grr.

Dutch look amazing, if I were the type of bettor to punt on overall winners I would snap them up for 6-1 right now, but I don't think such bets are good value generally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

My nap is that an Italian is going to get sent off in the next 30 mins, they're looking decidely flustered. (61 mins gone):pac:

hotspur wrote: »
    I don't know what the delay is for me watching in America but I'm pretty tilted - I fired it up to bet for a ton on the Dutch and it came up market suspended, then I see the goal a few seconds later; the Dutch are still on top and I click to bet a ton on the Dutch to be the next scorer...market suspended, a few seconds later I see the goal, grr.

Dutch look amazing, if I were the type of bettor to punt on overall winners I would snap them up for 6-1 right now, but I don't think such bets are good value generally.

That happens the other way with the US golf. If you ever want to know if you're golfer holed his 15 foot birdie putt, check out betfair and watch the price change before it's shown on tv at all.

That Dutch team is excellent, Italy are not a great team but the Dutch made them look far worse than they were. I still got to make a little on the match cause I backed the Dutch to score next when 2-0 up, but really should have backed them to win 3-0 instead, they were 5-1 to do so at half time. Strange when you consider that was around the same odds available for them winning the tournament! Definitely the team of the tournament thus far.

First proper analytical value bet I have made in a while that has gone right, even down to what went wrong for my beloved Italy.

As for Holland being great, Italy made them look so. There were plenty of oppurtunities for Italy. Pirlo fluffed the free kick with the right idea, Di Natale made a mess of his chance. Still think their defence is very very weak and if they lose their next game they're still in a little trouble in a tough group

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Italy to beat Romania seems a good bet at any odds :pac:

Get on :pac:

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Italy to beat Romania seems a good bet at any odds :pac:

Get on :pac:

8/11 on betfair .... no thanks

Where's the goal coming from? I'd keep the money in the pocket.

Toni, Del Piero and Boriello are all 20+ goalscorers this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ulyanov

Cant see Italy beating Romania unless it is just a moment of brilliance outside the box. Toni was very poor against Holland and Goian and Tamas are better centre halfs than what the dutch have. I cant see where the Romania threat will come from either so I think it will be very tight but Im backing another 0-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Difficult result to call lads. I said before tournement started that Romania should be backed to get in next round.

Although for Del Perio I would like to see the Italians qualify.

But like others I'm cautious of where the goal threat will come from.

Also Holland to keep momentum going and bt French.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i don't agree at all. i'm backing italy all the way here. there is no way in my mind they can lose this game. i thought romania were very poor against france, and that france played such boring and predictable football and as usual (last few years) couldn't score a goal to save their lives.

holland v france: i've backed france for the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

looks like i got it spot on then!!!:D:eek:

The Netherlands were very good, if they hadn't got nervous and tried to kill the game a bit when 1-0 up they would have totally run over France in play (the result was very flattering). Van der Sar was wonderful as usual coming to the rescue of the semi-dodgy defence. I though Robben was out until the quarters, I had earmarked him as the player of the tournament beforehand because he has looked great in the build up.

The Dutch are really doing the business for me with in running betting, this game they got me a win bet and over 2.5 goals after 5 minutes and then a score next bet when 1-0 up. Also Sneijder is some player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Got 22.50 back for a fiver bet on Holland to be winning at HT and to go on to win the match.

• Advertisement
Advertisement