Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Details on Call of Duty 5

• 09-06-2008 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=4657
    The new issue of OXM, on sale on 13th June, contains a world exclusive preview of the brand new Call of Duty!

The five page preview contains the first ever screenshots of the new entry in the Call Of Duty series along with quotes from Treyarch talking about the game and the design decisions made...

Although we can't reveal everything written in the preview just yet, here are some small confirmed details of what to expect from the fifth 'big' game in the Call of Duty series!

# Setting - Treyarch WILL be returning to World War II.

# Co-op - In a series first, split-screen (two players) and online co-op (four players!) will be included.

# New weapons - Details of the new weapons and how they will genuinely change the combat...

About time there was coop on CoD. Really would have liked it on CoD4.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Theres no way im getting this, I got cod3 and it was terrible and infinity ward dd a great job with bringing the game to the present,going backwards is a stupid idea and I can see this game being a failure:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

What new weapons could they introduce to WW2?

As much as I loved the first two WW2s been done to death. What about WW1? Falklands war? show a bit of imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

i just hope its as good as the last game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

The single player stunk in CoD3 and the online was a mess – but regardless it will sell shed loads because of the CoD brand – the average punter isn't going to know it's being developed by a different team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Glad it is gonna be in co-op, not glad its going to be set in WW2 again. Guess this game has been in development since before COD4 was a huge hit. I kind of hope it sells bad so Activision get the idea that we are all sick of the same World War 2 games.

I hope Treyarch get the multiplayer correct this time because the last one was badly designed.

Gears 2 will be launching around the same time as this so Activision must be cautious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

COD5 gets a resounding "meh" from me.

Gears 2 will dominate at Xmas anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

ScumLord wrote: »
    As much as I loved the first two WW2s been done to death. What about WW1? Falklands war? show a bit of imagination.

Exactly. This has been done to death. And after seeing COD3 slamdunked by COD4, you'd think Treyarch would be up to try something new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Boring....I'll just wait for COD 6

Just read on Joystiq that it might have something to do with Aliens in it. Dont know if they were messing or not. Be ridiculous if it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Im looking forward to it, I actually like 3 not as much as 4 and 2 but still I liked it.

Co-op should be good!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭synacron trion

rejkin wrote: »
    Theres no way im getting this, I got cod3 and it was terrible and infinity ward dd a great job with bringing the game to the present,going backwards is a stupid idea and I can see this game being a failure:mad::mad::mad:

Ya, I agree on this. I actually traded in COD3 for COD2 because I hated it so much.
    DarkJager wrote: »
    Boring....I'll just wait for COD 6

Back to Infinity Ward it will go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Just read on Joystiq that it might have something to do with Aliens in it. Dont know if they were messing or not. Be ridiculous if it was

I say kudos to that. WWII tech and Aliens.

Definitely never been done :)

resistance-fall-of-man.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

quad_red wrote: »
    I say kudos to that. WWII tech and Aliens.

Definitely never been done well :)

resistance-fall-of-man.jpg
    Fixed for you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

bah wwII - no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

shame to bring it back to ww2, cod 4 was bang up to date,
    the falklands has never been done before llike the man says, even that may be a bit limited tho

The Falklands would be a great time to do a war game but it wouldnt appeal to the yanks in the slightest.

I reckon they make it COD5 Vietnam. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    The Falklands would be a great time to do a war game but it wouldnt appeal to the yanks in the slightest.

I reckon they make it COD5 Vietnam. ;)

god knows there are enough movies about vietnam dunno why they dont release some better console games. I actually liked the "Men of Valor:vietnam" game on the original xbox, something like that polished to the standard of the cod series would be excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/880/880285p1.html

some plus points, some parts based in the pacific (hopefully will do a better job than medal of honour did), and they will use the cod4 engine (lets hope they know what to do with it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

syboit wrote: »
    god knows there are enough movies about vietnam dunno why they dont release some better console games. I actually liked the "Men of Valor:vietnam" game on the original xbox, something like that polished to the standard of the cod series would be excellent.

I enjoyed Shellshock: Nam 67 but it was really shallow.

Imagine COD Vietnam instead of Claymores you set booby-traps etc. Would be good if done well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mickyt

Apparently after this game, Infinity Ward have the permanent rights to develope this game.

swapping developers each series, is a very poor way of doing things, I can only persume that they had their reasons, but heres hoping that from COD 6(by which stage im probably going to be classed as too old for computer games) will be back to its modern warefare best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Just realised if its going back in time that means one good thing... hopefully

The man himself will be back!!!

cod4price.jpg

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

dazftw wrote: »
    Just realised if its going back in time that means one good thing... hopefully

The man himself will be back!!!

cod4price.jpg

imagine the COD 5 screenshot - same exact stance intead of holding a trendy mobile phone he's holdong one of these...

cellular2.jpg

Advertisement