Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever start unemployed?

Options
  • 09-06-2008 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭

I think the game is programmed to make sure you get a job, so its good fun to just see who you get. I'm managing some Chinese second-tier side called Nanchang at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I've just done this.
    Ended up with Kildare County, which I don't think is too bad for starting unemployed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

how long does it usually take before you get offered a job?

Took me 3 - 4 months but I kinda got lucky with an opportune sacking tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I once decided not to renew my contract at the end of a season once. Couldn't get a job (despite winning the league in my previous season!) well in to the next season so I gave up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I generally get one immediately, as long as I pick enough leagues where there'll be jobs available from day 1. I don't think the same applys if you just quit your old team though. Think its only when you actually start unemployed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭horseydevine

started unemployed, declared interest in colorado rapids, they offered me the job, i took it and then realised their ****e haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

I started unemployed,now with chester city.........year 2033

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭The Everlasting

I'm gonna give this a go now, will update you as to how I get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

iv done this a few times but its always the same clubs that have vacancies. also depending on the reputation you give yourself when creating your profile you might only be able to get a job with the really crappy clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rubber Johnny

Done this with my last game. Started unemployed, and for some reason Sparta Rotterdam (a Dutch Premier Division side) took me on. Finished 10th twice, and after a bad start to the third season I got the P45. Took the Ivory Coast job, won successive ACNs but couldnt make an impression on the World Cups. Took the Everton job after they were relegated, and won the Championship. Won 4 of my first 5 Prem games and got the Arsenal job.

I thought I was destined for 25 years in the lower leagues, but Im such a vibrant young go-getter I rose the top inside 10 years!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

hmmmm, Holland seems a very good place to get work. started unemployed managed to land, of all places, PSV!! :eek:

and this when Championship sides wouldn't even look at me.

going well, i've bought reasonably well, managed to shore up a bit of a weak defence. Struggling up front though, although i'm still top of the league. 5 wins, 4 draws after 9 games... Holland is easy...

Just started a new game there unemployed with automatic experience with the English, Irish, Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh leagues playable. Still waiting for the first job. Probably will be something rubbish but sure thats the fun of starting unemployed.

EDIT: After 8 days of waiting got a job at Queens University Belfast. Bottom tier Northern Irish side tipped to come second last. Now thats starting from the bottom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

who cares?

genuinely

13 positive posts in the thread, and numerous threads dedicated to how peoples teams are doing, I'd imagine alot of people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭BazMcG

Just did this! Got Almagro in the Argenine Second Division.. lol wage budget of 7k :D gona be fun! How is everyone else getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

i have recently got a new laptop (today) and im honestly afraid to install Fm2008 as i start college on Monday. I know how much i put into the game. I have started unemployed as well managed cobh for 6 years before been offered the managerial position at Millwall , i then took the club to the premiership and got into the top half before getting the spurs job :) . That took sometime indeed.

I think FM is funny with this sort of thing.
    I got St-Pauli of the Bundesliga.2 this time.
    How I did I'll never know, as their prestige is surely fairly high...

Advertisement