Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Delays

Options
  • 09-06-2008 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the delays at Dublin have been resolved? I flew in friday night and it was chaos because of a technical problem with the radar.

The DAA website doesn't say anything, but I notice there are delays ongong. If it is still the radar, why the heck haven't they got it sorted out yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 qnhhpa

The radar processing system failed on Monday night. It was believed resolved on Tuesday. It failed again on Wednesday. The cause of the failure is still being investigated. Restrictions are in place to help minimise the number of aircraft in the air in case it fails again.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

Flight were also delayed to up to 2 hrs last night, the other half was sittin gin Newcastle for over 2 hours beofre they could take off

Pilot actually stated it was not a radar issue in dublin, it was ATC cover not in place for person who called in sick.

I heard AerLingus were saying this. Its wrong. Restrictions are in place as a precaution until the fault is resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

qnhhpa wrote: »
    I heard AerLingus were saying this. Its wrong. Restrictions are in place as a precaution until the fault is resolved.

They were all flying Ryanair, and I was out there from about 18:30 and there was no flight restrictions in place until about 21:00 when everything ouside the major airports became delayed status.

News & Press Releases

Date: June 05 2008
    Headline: Flight delays at Dublin Airport.

Dublin Airport has been experiencing some flight delays today arising from a malfunction with the Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) radar system which occurred late yesterday evening. Following the intervention of IAA engineers the radar system was restored in less than I hour.
    Even though the system is now operating normally some minor traffic restrictions have been implemented on arriving traffic as a safety precaution pending the identification of the cause of the problem and further testing.
    These precautionary restrictions will be removed as soon possible.
    The Authority regrets the inconvenience to the travelling public.
    ENDS
    For further information contact:
    Lilian Cassin
    Corporate Communications Manager
    Irish Aviation Authority
    Tel: + 353 87 647 4079
    Email: lilian.cassin@iaa.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

It looked to me like all the longer flights were going out on time, but the UK flights were being delayed. However my flight to Heathrow left on time and therefore landed 20 minutes early. In fact, it was about as perfect a flight as you can get (Lovely views south down the east coast, all over north Wales and eventually over London).

Certainly makes up for the crap journey I had on Friday night. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Deacon Blues

MOL has been whinging about the ATC work to rule. It would be just like FR to have an unwritten policy to spread disinformation, blaming all delays on those pesky ATCO's. Especially the very simplistic account ... no cover for someone who called in sick. Nothing like getting a plane load of Self Loading Freight angry, so they call Joe Duffy the next day.

Advertisement