Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird story about Tarot cards/

Options
  • 09-06-2008 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

Ok so when I was a kid I was cycling along a country road one day and at a clearing by the side of the road somebody had left a box that was wrapped up with blue and silver shiny wrapping paper with a bow on the top of it. Obviously being a curious kid I opened it and it was full of Tarot cards and books about that kind of thing. It creeped me out a bit and I went home and told my parents about it. My Dad drove down to have a look and he said he got a bad feeling when he went to the spot.

What do you make of this. Weird isn't it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Did you take the cards? When your dad went back where they still there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

No I left them there, so did my Dad. I think they were gone the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

Perhaps they were just lost by the owner.seems they were took care of if they were all wrapped up.

:confused: Don't you think its a bit weird to leave a wrapped up package in the middle of nowhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Well you were passing? Maybe someone just nipped behind a tree for a wizz? Can I ask where the road is?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Maybe someone owned the books but got creeped out by them, or they were asked to get rid of them by a parent or someone else who was creeped out by them. Sounds to me like they couldve been left at the side of the road like people do with unwanted puppies.

Or even simpler, fell off the roof of a car after being left there by mistake. Someone in our town left a bag of money for the bank on the roof of their car once. People yelling at them to stop as they went down the street. Wouldve been nice to find that on the side of the road. :)

The odd feeling could have been suggestion, as they were weird books in a strange unexpected situation.

I wouldnt see it as weird really, as it could be easily explained in a number of ways.

Well it was left in a spot that is kind of a clearing at the side of the road where sometimes piles of stones are dumped for when the council are resurfacing the road. There is often stuff dumped there like old washing machines and even the odd burnt out car turns up every now and then. The wrapped up box was left on top of a washing machine that had been there a while. Someone deliberetly left it there knowing that it would be spotted. If you wanted to dump them why wrap it up in fancy wrapping paper and ribbons. There was nobody around because I was there for a good while looking at them.

I was given a set of tarot cards once (by another boardsie) because they were superstitious about getting rid of them, and wanted them passed on to someone who would use them, or at least wouldnt have a problem owning them. Ill grant you what you describe is unusual, but still reckon it was someone deliberately getting rid of them without actually dumping them in the bin or burning or whatever.
    Someone deliberetly left it there knowing that it would be spotted.
    Youd do that if you wanted to be sure someone curious would take them. Which I would still put down to the need to rid yourself of them, without destroying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭lilliann888

agree with you . someone left them there without destroying them .

Off to bed with you, zombie thread :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement