Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I claim holiday loss on house and contents ins?

• 09-06-2008 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all,
    I (stupidly) allowed my travel insurance to lapse a couple of months ago and just had my camera and some clothes stolen in Barcelona. I'm trying to figure out if there is some way I can make a successful claim for it on my house+contents policy. Anybody have any experience of this or any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

elemenopee wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I (stupidly) allowed my travel insurance to lapse a couple of months ago and just had my camera and some clothes stolen in Barcelona. I'm trying to figure out if there is some way I can make a successful claim for it on my house+contents policy. Anybody have any experience of this or any ideas?

forget about the clothes, the camera maybe iff it was listed on ur house policy as a specific item along with a specific value, them some insurers extend the cover for such spefic items for say 30 days abroad. however if not specifically listed/valued then forget it too

As a matter of interest where was the stuff stolen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 elemenopee

Thanks for the advice.
    We were robbed while still in our taxi coming from the airport on our first night. Making our way through the narrow old streets of El Borne (just of Cr. Princessa). The doors were opened and while one guy did the distraction the other guy grabbed my carry-on bag. I grabbed too and ended up with a broken finger and no bag.
    Be very careful if you plan on visiting that lovely city. I've been lots of times but petty crime really seems to be on the up.

Advertisement