Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sake or dry sherry for cooking

• 09-06-2008 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've been looking for Sake but haven't been able to find any for sale. Would any one know where to find some or if not A brand of Dry Sherry that I could use instead.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

The Asia Market on Drury Street sells Sake - I'm sure other Asian shops would too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I've tried a few of them and they didn't have it because it contains alcohol they'd need to have an off-licence licence in order to sell it, or so I've been told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

I've regularly bought it in Asia Market as earlier post suggests.

A dry sherry such as a Fino (available in most supermarkets) will be an adequate (but not perfect) substitute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,002 ✭✭✭DenMan

Yep I would definitely recommend it for cooking. Try and see if you can get your hands on Sho Chiku Bai. It's well worth it. The thing about Sake though is it doesn't last long once it is opened, 2-3 days at most. Teriyaki Salmon is a great dish made with Sake. Have fun. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Same for Fino sherry, if you open the bottle, keep it in the fridge and use / drink within a few days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement