Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No vote - deleted from the register.

Options
  • 09-06-2008 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

Just found out this morning my name was deleted from the register of electors by accident which leaves me with no vote this Thursday.
    Anyone else been "erased" by City Council like this?
    Quite peeved!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did they admit that they deleted you in the register?
    Demand to be put back on it again or go to the papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Yeah they apologised and said it was done by mistake and that there was nothing that could be done to rectify the situation now.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You can use mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

my girlfriend didn't get a polling card through the post at all...she reckons its cause she has been out of the country for the last 4 years...does that sound normal?

Sherifu wrote: »
    You can use mine.

Spoiling then?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The register of electors was updated in late 2006/early 2007 by enumerators calling to houses to find out if the people on the register actually lived at that address. I got deleted from the register last year because I was'nt living at my registered address.

You should check if you are on the register as soon as a vote is called. You can be put on the supplementary register up to 14 working days before the poll date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I haven't got mine either ? Yet I am listed on the register for my current address ?
    Has anyone got their voting cards yet ?

snubbleste wrote: »
    The register of electors was updated in late 2006/early 2007 by enumerators calling to houses to find out if the people on the register actually lived at that address. I got deleted from the register last year because I was'nt living at my registered address.

You should check if you are on the register as soon as a vote is called. You can be put on the supplementary register up to 14 working days before the poll date.

True.I should have checked but I've been on the register at the same address since I turned 18 so didn't expect there to be any problems this time around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

If you have'nt got your polling card, then just go along to your polling station with photo ID and maybe a confirmation of your address.

I haven't got mine either ? Yet I am listed on the register for my current address ?
    Has anyone got their voting cards yet ?

Rest of my family received theirs so yeah they are out so perhaps you should follow it up with the Council if you haven't received yours.

• Advertisement

This is the second time I've not received my vote..
    And I am registered on http://www.checktheregister.ie/
    :mad:

This is the second time I've not received my vote..
    And I am registered on http://www.checktheregister.ie/
    :mad:

Well, if Snubbleste is right you should be okay with ID and proof of address. At least you're on the register.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I wasn't on the register as I was out of the country for a few years.
    I had to go in to the City Council to add myself recently...I went in on a Sat a few weeks ago and apparently that was the last day to be added.

I didn't get a polling card as of Friday, so looked on checktheregister (I still wasn't there). I rang them and they said to just bring ID (didn't mention address proof) to the polling station, and they would have me on a list.

Just got an email there from Office of the Register of Electors...

A polling card is only sent to you to let you know the name and address of your polling station. It is not necessary to have a polling card in order to vote. You just go to your polling station with photo I.D. and give your name and address to the Presiding Officer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

They sent my card to my parents house in Clifden but I regestered with my address in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

I could give someone mine I got 2 again for Galway and Mayo even though I got them to remove my name twice from Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

3 people on the register in this house and only one polling card. the Council seems to have made a hash of things... as would only be expected tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

in Donegal here no voting card came for me but i'm registered according to that website muppetkiller put up. few of my mates didn't get their cards and (puts on silver hat) they all were gonna vote no, myself included!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

While we're on the subject, where is St. Nicholas' National School in the Claddagh? Its where I'm sposed to vote apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Does anyone know if you need ID to vote? I can't remember if you need anything else with your polling card?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

colly10 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you need ID to vote? I can't remember if you need anything else with your polling card?
    To paraphrase my polling card in front of me...
    Passport, driving license, employee ID with photo, student ID with photo, a "travel document" with name and photo, Bank/Savings/Credit Union book with address in constituency or electoral area.

Also a cheque book, a cheque card, a credit card, a birth cert or a marriage cert all accompanied with a further document establishing your address in the constituency.
    Now isn't that better than me posting up the first link from Google and proclaiming it gospel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Just found out this morning my name was deleted from the register of electors by accident which leaves me with no vote this Thursday.
    Anyone else been "erased" by City Council like this?
    Quite peeved!

Were you planning to vote yes? if so then this is an outrage and I demmand justice for the unfairly disenfranchised!

If you were planning on voting no then tough luck chummmmmmmmmmmmmp!

:pac:

Were you planning to vote yes? if so then this is an outrage and I demmand justice for the unfairly disenfranchised!

If you were planning on voting no then tough luck chummmmmmmmmmmmmp!

:pac:

"Refranchise" me and I'll tell you.

Robbo wrote: »
    Now isn't that better than me posting up the first link from Google and proclaiming it gospel?

A now we have a reading from the Gospel Google to the minions,

Today I proclaim to thee bring forth your picture identification be it Student, Garda or other and spec to those in power. Lest I cast my vote so that the evil Lisbon shall be destroyed, and sent to the depths of hell from whence it came, saw and nearly conquered.

This is a reading from the Gospel of Google

Praise to you oh ruler of rulers.

The Kingdom, the power and the search engine are yours, now and forevermore.

excellent!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The power of Christ compels you to vote Yes to Lisbon, No to Porto and maybe to Braga.

• Advertisement
Advertisement