Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 crontroller for windows

• 09-06-2008 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen this product around, I'm just after buying racedriver drift and it shows this controller in the manual.

I can't confirm weather this is a standard xbox controller. It says it works on both PC and xbox and an amazon reviewer claimes it's just a standard xbox one shiped with windows drivers that can be downloaded anyway. Can anyone confirm that I could go out and buy a standard xbox controller?

My current joypad just has trwo thumb sticks for analog control, bit of a PSP clone, I'd assume the xbox controller would be a big improvement?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

the wired 360 ones work grand afaik, specially under vista.

komplett have them under pc gaming.

I ordered the wifi dongle thingy to use the wifi controllers but havent go to try it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yeah, a standard wired 360 controller works perfectly under Windows XP SP2, Vista or later.

I've used it for a while now, and most 'Games for Windows' games already have a controller profile for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I can buy the standard one for €44.99 in smiths (nearest shop) the komplett one is working out at €47 delivered. Smiths would let me take it back if it didn't work wouldn't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

If you get this you can use wireless xbox controllers and headsets with a Windows PC.

Otherwise you can use a wired controller.

Akaik the site I linked to will ship controllers and peripherals to Ireland despite the fact that they won't ship anting in their "electronics" section. Indeed, I bought the Wireless Gaming Receiver from them a few weeks ago. You must change the currency to 'Euro' for delivery outside the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i got this wired controller for my dad from play.com and can verify that it shipped and worked perfectly with XP SP2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

I use mine as a tv remote with the pc hooked up to the tv. No software comes with the controller to reconfigure each of the individual buttons, just a driver for windows to recognize it as a joypad and a little display for the battery life (on the wireless unit anyway).

If you want to use it for all games or as a remote like I do then something like this will be very handy: http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

I'm sure there are other alternatives out there but thats the one I use.

That pinnacle software looks class. Have you tried getting the Wiimote working on a PC. I'm assuming it's just the buttons that work? Does it use a bluetooth dongle?

I'll probably just buy a standard 360 controller in a shop (no credit card, have debit) and download the software.

Got what I needed anyway cheers! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

ScumLord wrote: »
    That pinnacle software looks class. Have you tried getting the Wiimote working on a PC. I'm assuming it's just the buttons that work? Does it use a bluetooth dongle?

Yeah the Wii works with bluetooth. If you have the console you can get it to work with the sensor bar by powering on the console after you sync the wiimote with the PC provided the sensor bar is under/over your monitor. Or if not you can just make your own sensor bar, there's plenty of guides on the web.

I was playing Command & Conquer 3 for awhile using the Wiimote with a few motion controls (shake nunchuck to scatter the troops, tilt both nunchuck and wiimote back to stop, etc.) and whilst it worked all right it was still no substitute for the mouse. You can use it as a steering wheel pretty well for driving games though. There's a Half-Life 2 mod that uses the Wiimote as well but I never got it working http://wii.hl2world.com/

Anyone interested in using the wiimote on the PC should check out http://carl.kenner.googlepages.com/glovepie_download for the software.

I'd be very interested with it just as a remote. I'm using the PC for online TV, dvd and music. It's connected to my tele and my one major downfall is I have to get up and use the mouse to do anything.

All this info is exactly what I was looking for. Cheers man!! :D

Advertisement